Page 1 of 7
Poll:
What would you say is the single biggest mess-with-your-head moment in videogame history? If possible, post a link to a video of said moment.
I'll put in my vote for the ending of Braid. My jaw hit the floor when I saw it. I had to go back and watch it again on youtube to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgY_sX_xg0k
And the alternate, even-bigger-mindf*ck ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwystkGXGWk
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
The cake is a lie!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Atlas in Bioshock.

/thread.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by NoSmokingBandit

Aeris dies.

I still havent forgiven Square/Enix for that.

Forgiven? I'm congratulating them.
This may sound harsh, but they changed the entire gaming world with one cutscene- not a small achievement. Thanks to them, the distinction between a kid's game and a more mature experience exists. Without this, there would be no Bioware games, no Fallout 3, no Call of Duty 4. We owe them bigtime.
That said, Aeris was still awesome.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Doodleface
Atlas in Bioshock.

/thread.

This.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Force Unleashed when you kill Darth Vader........... but in the movies he is still alive o.O
Quote by NoSmokingBandit

Aeris dies.

I still havent forgiven Square/Enix for that.

That was the saddest part ever in my videogaming lifetime

I was so mad and aggressive fighting Jenova right after
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
The other day, my friend sat me down and made me play Condemned.

The constant mindfuckery of that game outstrips anything I have ever experienced. Although admittedly that was the first videogame I've played in two years so there is probably much better out there.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
The ending of braid was pure gold. I can't believe, for that short amount of time, that I forgot how the world was supposed to behave. I should have seen it coming, but I didn't. Hands down one of the best endin "beginnings" to a game ever.

Also, I'll just leave this here
oedipus: the game
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
Quote by epishredder
i killed theresa in fable 1 but she is a main character in fable 2

Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
That Braid game looks very interesting... I was very confused about the big fire, until I realized half-way into it that that hasn't happened yet, and the girl is trying to block you.

Does this game happen to be hosted online?
Quote by RipeFlesh

SOO MANY BAD MEMORIESSSSSS!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

so many spoilers in this thread
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Poll:
What would you say is the single biggest mess-with-your-head moment in videogame history? If possible, post a link to a video of said moment.
I'll put in my vote for the ending of Braid. My jaw hit the floor when I saw it. I had to go back and watch it again on youtube to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgY_sX_xg0k
And the alternate, even-bigger-mindf*ck ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwystkGXGWk

Im assuming from this post that you have NEVER been laid?! lmao
Quote by Tire Me.
I googled. wtf..

lol it was a joke. Oedipus the King is an old play about a greek king named oedipus who found out at the end that he killed his own father and has been married to his mother and has had kids with her O_o he proceeds to stab his eyes out and momwife commits suicide
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
The first KOTOR was a bit of a mindf*ck.
Playing Halo when I was like 9 years old and seeing the Flood for the first time diminshed all courage I had from watching scary movies. I still cringe a bit when I see it, only in the original Halo though.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Quote by FrustratedRocka
This may sound harsh, but they changed the entire gaming world with one cutscene- not a small achievement. Thanks to them, the distinction between a kid's game and a more mature experience exists. Without this, there would be no Bioware games, no Fallout 3, no Call of Duty 4. We owe them bigtime.

I completely agree with you.
But it still pisses me off

If you dont get teary-eyed when that scene plays you have no soul. I've played FF7 many times i that part still gets to me. The firs time i played the game i was 10 years old. I barely understood the story but i knew that Square just kicked us all in the nuts and this would go down as one of the best scenes ever.

Its an awkward love/hate relationship with that part of the game.
Quote by tennisace
lol it was a joke. Oedipus the King is an old play about a greek king named oedipus who found out at the end that he killed his own father and has been married to his mother and has had kids with her O_o he proceeds to stab his eyes out and momwife commits suicide

lol I know all that, but there are actual games of it online.
In batman arkaham asylym, the third fight with scarecrow. Those of you who have played know what im talking about. I thought my xbox RROD'd on me ahah.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by The_Shape
When you realize that you are Revan!

FUUUU-

Such a good game KOTOR 2 bored me to death though...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by FrustratedRocka

The first Fallout came out before or around the same time as FF7, it was darker and more mature than anything in an FF game (except blitzball, that shit is harcore.)

EDIT: FF7 isn't that great anyway, matter of fact none of them were that good.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Last edited by Lots O' FX at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by VanadiumLG
Force Unleashed when you kill Darth Vader........... but in the movies he is still alive o.O

Just beat that. Emperor's a dick.
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by Lots O' FX
The first Fallout came out before or around the same time as FF7, it was darker and had more mature than anything in an FF game (except blitzball, that shit is harcore.)

EDIT: FF7 isn't that great anyway, matter of fact none of them were that good.

ಠ_ಠ
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
dude I have to many to list
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.