Well. I'd say I'm more of a hard-tail kind of guy, but lately I've been wanting a Floyd Rose, and other than a few dive-bombs and pull-ups here and there, is it really worth the hassle? I change tunings rather often, so I don't know if it'd be worth it.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
If you change tunings a lot, it's definitely not worth it. Or get a hardtail that you change tunings on and use the FR guitar for the tuning you use the most.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
If you mean by drop d, check out that d-tuna thing from EVH, I've never tried it myself but it seems interesting.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/EVH-D-Tuna-Drop-D-Tuning-System-361390-i1130129.gc

But the trem has to be non recessed so if you wanna to pull-ups, don't buy the thing.

Or try one of those Steinbergers.

I'm not advertising mods, I've never tried out the d tuna thing.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Last edited by learningplayer at Oct 17, 2009,
If you change tunings a lot, don't bother with a floating bridge.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Use your hardtails for changing tunings, and the FR for your favorite tuning. Problem solved
You got the epi for all your different tunings. Get another guitar or 2 with FR. It's a hassle every time you change the strings, but if you do it right, you won't have to mess with it again till the next string change.

Don't even think about changing tunings on an FR.
I can Change tunings on either floyd guitar i own in a matter of minutes....A Floyd is not that tough to use. Just take the time and Don't fear it. It's just a matter of Balance.
Actually the LTD is my main guitar, I was thinking about installing a trem on the SG.

Edit: I mostly play rhythm for stuff like Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth, etc, so Im not too concerned with the trem, and the only stuff I play lead on is melo death, like In Flames, etc, which really doesnt use much trem.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by Lovecannon
Actually the LTD is my main guitar, I was thinking about installing a trem on the SG.

If you are trying to install a FR, I don't think it will be possible. SGs have pretty thin bodies.
Quote by darkcheef
If you are trying to install a FR, I don't think it will be possible. SGs have pretty thin bodies.

Yeah I think this is the case unless you get a shorter trem block or have the trem block sitting outside the body of the guitar.

Personally if you want something cheap to muck around with then just get a cheap guitar such as a douglas that has a floyd rose on it and have a quick muck around and see if it's what you are looking for, of course if it does have tuning problems don't be turned off with FR bridges as they do keep their tunings well.