I'm in a band from Kalamazoo, MI called Leech Life. We have a big range of influences, from Bob Dylan to Fugazi to Behemoth, and we try to incorporate a lot of different things while keeping the sound coherent. Relatively obvious influences: Thrice, Finch, Silversun Pickups, Brand New, Darkest Hour, In Flames, At the Drive-In, Opeth, Russian Circles, Mastodon.

Check out our myspace

more info/stuff coming soon when i'm not too lazy to type it. Check it out and tell me what you think, myspace adds are very appreciated.
Last edited by stunt_metal at Nov 6, 2009,
We definitely got stumped for a band name and pulled one out of a pile of pokemon cards at random. and it stuck.
Quote by stunt_metal
Our relatively obvious influences would be Thrice, Finch, Silversun Pickups, Brand New, Darkest Hour, In Flames, Brand New, Opeth and Mastodon.

first of all "gazecore"? give me a break (and im not talking about kit kat bars)

second, how in the hell do those influences all go together. Ha don't get me wrong I'm a fan of all of those bands but they are all so different. Silversun Pickups is the one that really seems out of place imo. Gotta love all those bands though. I'll check your band out soon and let yo know what I think. Can't now cause the roomie is sleepin
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Quote by Acronikos
first of all "gazecore"? give me a break (and im not talking about kit kat bars)

second, how in the hell do those influences all go together. Ha don't get me wrong I'm a fan of all of those bands but they are all so different. Silversun Pickups is the one that really seems out of place imo. Gotta love all those bands though. I'll check your band out soon and let yo know what I think. Can't now cause the roomie is sleepin

We have a shoegazey side and a metalcore/post-hardcore side to what we do. "gazecore" seems like the most appropriate moniker for the whole mess.

I know the influences don't seem to make sense together, but they really all do come through in some way. The key thing is that all those bands, with the possible exception of Darkest Hour, draw elements of tons of different genres into a cohesive whole. They all have their face-melting sides, their balls-trippin' sides, and their soft sides. We are inspired by those bands to explore all these aspects of our own music to the fullest.

I'd tell you how I take a lot from Emperor when constructing a shoegazey guitar part, but you probably think I'm crazy enough already. And I totally listed Brand New twice in that post.