Page 1 of 2
No. We're not crazy.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Yes. Everyone who is intelligent or talented also happens to be clinically insane and dangerous.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I am not crazy.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
People who tend to be very intelligent or proficient in their fields of expertise generally spend most of their time thinking and working on their projects.

As such, they come across to us as odd people. They are antisocial, consumed by their work.

They aren't crazy. They're just preoccupied with more important things that we don't understand sometimes.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
is it true about geniuses being crazy?

Is it true about crazy people being geniuses?
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
I am a genius but I do have 'anti-social' behavior....people do claim that I am smart...

I don't know what I am talking about now.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
I am a genius but I do have 'anti-social' behavior....people do claim that I am smart...

I don't know what I am talking about now.

If you think you're a genuis, you're probably not, as anyone who is actually smart realizes that we really will never know much at all, and as a species we're pretty stupid.

I'm not quite sure what constitutes a genuis, the term gets thrown around a lot.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Last edited by Hobble at Oct 18, 2009,
^Not to mention that anyone who seriously believes themself to be a genius is an arrogant knob, regardless of whether they are or not.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Hobble
If you think you're a genuis, you're probably not, as anyone who is actually smart realizes that we really will never know much at all, and as a species we're pretty stupid.

I meant to type 'not' ...my mistypings make me seem idiotic now.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I think that the genius cut off is supposed to be at about 140+I.Q. or so. I'm not sure on the validity of this however, considering my I.Q. is 157, and I'm WAY too lazy to do anything genius like. I do beleive that more intellegent people are more prone to be socially inept, but perhaps not as bad as to call them insane. I'd also like to add that I'm clinically insane.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Last edited by fret-less at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Dreadnought
It's a common aspect of those, adult and child, deemed "gifted"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted#Social_and_emotional_issues

Being gifted, I know that it's pretty rampant among my more intellectually gifted friends, so I can attest to the validity of the article.

Intense intellectual giftedness often comes with a suffering social adaptation ability

I am gifted as well and have spent much of my life around other gifted people and while those issues are often there, I know many others who have incredible social abilities. I wouldn't say my own are all that bad either
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop
I am gifted as well and have spent much of my life around other gifted people and while those issues are often there, I know many others who have incredible social abilities. I wouldn't say my own are all that bad either

Well I can relate, because I am very social and am very good at dealing with people.

I'm just pointing out how social ineptitude is more common in gifted folk than it is "normal" folk, not saying that all are inept.
My God, it's full of stars!
yes it is possible. Think about if Einstein where to have been a little smarter and came up with even more radical ideas, they would be so complex nobody would be able to understand them and they would label him crazy.

On the flip side It also could be possible that someone could be so stupid they are genius. Stupid people are not always bound by the same rules of thinking that are pounded into most peoples heads at a young age, and are the only people who can truly think outside the box.
Quote by Dreadnought
It's a common aspect of those, adult and child, deemed "gifted"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gifted#Social_and_emotional_issues

Being gifted, I know that it's pretty rampant among my more intellectually gifted friends, so I can attest to the validity of the article.

Intense intellectual giftedness often comes with a suffering social adaptation ability

According to that article I'm the next Albert Einstein. It's like I was reading about myself instead of gifted people in general.

Edit: Just read it all again. Holy ****, I'm a genius.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
According to that article I'm the next Albert Einstein. It's like I was reading about myself instead of geniuses in general.

Edit: Just read it all again. Holy ****, I'm a genius.

It's not talking about geniuses, it's talking about people who are gifted. They're two different things. A genius occupies the far end of the intellectual spectrum.

Anyways, I've yet to meet a crazy person who is also ridiculously intelligent and I have yet to meet a ridiculously intelligent person who is also crazy. I think what happens is that people mistake the ineptitude of gifted people in some everyday, "normal" situations for craziness because they can't comprehend that some minds simply don't work like others.
If it helps anyone, everybody else seems to think that I'm crazy -- even though I don't agree with them; everything I do makes sense to me, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

I don't know where I stand on the genious scale though.
Quote by madbasslover
It's not talking about geniuses, it's talking about people who are gifted. They're two different things. A genius occupies the far end of the intellectual spectrum.

Anyways, I've yet to meet a crazy person who is also ridiculously intelligent and I have yet to meet a ridiculously intelligent person who is also crazy. I think what happens is that people mistake the ineptitude of gifted people in some everyday, "normal" situations for craziness because they can't comprehend that some minds simply don't work like others.

That's what I meant. I'll edit it.
That's what people get for thinking my brain is messed up.
Quote by Dreadnought
Well I can relate, because I am very social and am very good at dealing with people.

I'm just pointing out how social ineptitude is more common in gifted folk than it is "normal" folk, not saying that all are inept.

I agree, it is certainly more common with gifted people than with "normal" people to be socially awkward. And just a point in general, not to you in particular, but the same thing could be said for the opposite end of the spectrum, but for different reasons.

Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Albert Einstein, Mozart, Abraham Lincoln, Alexander Graham Bell, etc... are all thought now to have had ADD or ADHD. When you have that condition, you tend to not be able to focus very well on some things that don't interest you and HYPERFOCUS on the things that do. Also, these same individuals came to the conclusions they did in non-conventional ways because their "condition" enabled them to think outside of the box.

AD(H)D people are also known to be much more empathic of others than "normal", creative, and usually of above average intelligence.

I have met one Idiot Savant in my life, as well, who was able to recite every baseball players batting average on any given day since 1919. Otherwise, he was severely challenged.

Schizophrenics are also extremely intelligent. At least, the ones that i've met are, although they don't always make wise decisions regarding themselves.

I think the ability to think outside the box, in unconventional ways, and the ability to hyperfocus on things that interest "crazy" people, is the possible reason that they are often so intelligent.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

According to the article AE never spoke. I did the same thing, was sent to professionals about the subject when I was 4-5. There they found out that I could talk better then most kids my age, but I just never bothered doing it.

at least I never bothered my parents.

But that couldn't possible be a sign that I am as smart as Einstein, can it? Well, we will see after I graduate from the University, I guess.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Well, being incredibly intelligent is as abnormal as being 'retarded', so often mental disorders come into play.

I think it was Mozart who used to eat his own crap, plus Einstein wouldn't do things like wear socks, because they were a 'waste of time'.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Quote by Talonwolf
Einstein wouldn't do things like wear socks, because they were a 'waste of time'.

Ahaha that is hilarious.
MonsterBeast Is Fat And Ugly!
Quote by SlinkyBlue
People who tend to be very intelligent or proficient in their fields of expertise generally spend most of their time thinking and working on their projects.

As such, they come across to us as odd people. They are antisocial, consumed by their work.

They aren't crazy. They're just preoccupied with more important things that we don't understand sometimes.

I'm finally understood.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by Talonwolf
Well, being incredibly intelligent is as abnormal as being 'retarded', so often mental disorders come into play.

I think it was Mozart who used to eat his own crap, plus Einstein wouldn't do things like wear socks, because they were a 'waste of time'.

Yeah, throwing up while eating your own crap and feet fungus/tinea are totally worth it.
My friend (An absolute genius) was telling me using a cat scan they figured out that the area of the brain responsible for mathematic calculation is also the same area that lights up for schizophrenics. He then gave me a list of world renowned physicists who were total schizo's.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Last edited by Ghast at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by baddog144
No. We're not crazy.

I am.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by Hobble

I'm not quite sure what constitutes a genuis, the term gets thrown around a lot.

Talent is hitting the target no one else can hit. Genius is hitting the target no one else can see.
Page 1 of 2