Hey guys. I have about $180 USD and I'm looking into buying new pedals. I'm wondering if it would be better to get a delay pedal or a wah pedal. This will probably be the most amount of money I can get until next summer so I've been looking at buying some new pedals. Opinions?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Buy a vox or crybaby wah for around $70-90, and buy a Boss DD-3 for around $100
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I don't care what anyone says, Danelectro pedals will get you the most for your money. Every FAB effect is $19.
get a better amp
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
i know i need a better amp trust me, i know, but right now i wont have any way to get more than $500 at the max which isn't even enough for a good tube amp so I'll just stick with the one I have now.

Anyways, I was thinking of spending it on a good high quality pedal so getting both isn't my issue. I just want either a good wah or a good delay for the money I have. I was thinking delay since I play live with my band at church so I was thinking that kind of effect is more necessary since a lot of Christian songs use it, but I want a wah cause it sounds cool and my playing style usually sounds better with a wah. Opinions?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
If you want the wah, get the wah. I find delay to be more useful myself though.

On the delay side, check out the TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Boss DD-3 all the way. Gets the job done for a good price and does a good job at it. I have a Boss multi effects unit but chose to keep my DD-3 because it is just that good (to me at least). Go used and save money. If your hell bent on going new I believe musciansfriend is giving you a free power adapter for about 110 before tax and shipping.

You'll have money left over for sure so you can probably buy a used wah but it is a pedal that needs to be for you (aka test the hell out of it to make sure you love it). If you can't find one in your area for that price just save or get cables and ish....
Fender Strat * Boss DD-3 * Boss GT-8 * Ernie Bell Volume Pedal * Crate MX120R
^He said he didnt want to get both, just one high quality pedal, and with the money he has, he can do better than the DD-3 and a cheap wah
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by stoopidhead93
I don't care what anyone says, Danelectro pedals will get you the most for your money. Every FAB effect is $19.
And then you spend $40 and realize your tone is shit.

Ibanez DE7 for $60 and Dunlop 535Q for $100.
Well buying online is sort of out of the question for certain reasons so its gotta be an in store buy kind of thing and I live in Vegas and the only stores I know that sell a wide variety of gear is SamAsh and GuitarCenter.

As for Delay pedals, I'm kind of confused on the whole digital vs analog stuff. With the info I've collected about analog delays is that it is warmer than the digital though the digital ones come with more effect options. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Oh and thanks to those who suggested buying the delay and wah but I had already thought that through and right now I think I should just get one high quality pedal. A new amp should be coming in the next 2 years since I'll be expecting a big amount of cash in that time so right now I'm not worrying about it and so I'm focusing on building a good pedalboard.

There are a couple pedals I've considered after browsing this board and it seems the MXR Carbon Copy, DD-3/DD-7, seem like good pedals to look out for. Any other opinions?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Analog delay pedals typically have shorter repeats, but warmer, more "natural" sounding repeats, and supposedly sound much better than digital delays (more expensive too).

Digital pedals have longer repeat times and more options, but the sounds are a lot colder and more crystal clear (which maybe good or bad depending on taste).

Rather than the CC, I suggest you go for the Malekko 616. It's the same price, all analog, but more options and sounds MUCH better.
Quote by EncoreBlade
Well buying online is sort of out of the question for certain reasons so its gotta be an in store buy kind of thing and I live in Vegas and the only stores I know that sell a wide variety of gear is SamAsh and GuitarCenter.

As for Delay pedals, I'm kind of confused on the whole digital vs analog stuff. With the info I've collected about analog delays is that it is warmer than the digital though the digital ones come with more effect options. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Oh and thanks to those who suggested buying the delay and wah but I had already thought that through and right now I think I should just get one high quality pedal. A new amp should be coming in the next 2 years since I'll be expecting a big amount of cash in that time so right now I'm not worrying about it and so I'm focusing on building a good pedalboard.

There are a couple pedals I've considered after browsing this board and it seems the MXR Carbon Copy, DD-3/DD-7, seem like good pedals to look out for. Any other opinions?

i used to have a carbon copy, and it was nice. I sold it to get an EH memory boy because it was cheaper and i had heard good things. I've learned my lesson though.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
man after looking these all up on youtube to get a sound for it, its getting real hard to decide which one to choose. I guess I'll have to go out and try these out for myself. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll be going for the delay since it seems more important and useful in what I'll be playing so yeah thanks for the help.
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Your line6 already has delay effects, right? Are they easy to control? If that's the case, then I'd probably go for the wah.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
get a dunlop kh95, i got rid of my wylde wah and my cfh wah once i got mine
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
get you a nice crybaby of your choice on ebay, and you will spend alot less and may have enough leftover to get you a delay. GO for the wah first, you will have more fun with it.
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
get a dunlop kh95, i got rid of my wylde wah and my cfh wah once i got mine

is the kirk hammitt wah that much better than dimes and zakks??
Quote by OnEvOlUmEb!tCh
is the kirk hammitt wah that much better than dimes and zakks??

in my opinion, yes
not as versitile though, but that sound
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Oct 19, 2009,
hmmmm, might have to check it out. Just saw Metallica a couple days ago. Great show and sound and of course, Kirks guitar work. He sounds good live and as you know, he uses his wah alot.