Just saw it. Fantastic movie! Who else cares to discuss and/or share their own love for this book/movie?
Castles Made of Sand

I'm Nick.
I'm guessing your not talking about the steve vai concert are you? That makes everything oh so confusing.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
It was pretty good. Not as good as I was hoping, but I still loved it. I'd probably give it an 8.5/10.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I never read the book, but I'm thinking I must see this movie.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by genghisgandhi
over-rated book if there ever was one

+1

IMO, the movie doesn't look all that great so I probably won't see it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The book scared the **** out of me when I was a kid, those monsters were nightmarish.
B|-----------------MEEDLY
G|-----------------------------MOODLY
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------WEE
A|DUN-DUN-----------------------------------------DEEWOP
E|DUN-DUN-------------------------------DOON
Quote by blackjack68
One of my favorite childhood books. I can't believe people exist that didn't like it.

They probably didn't read it as a child, and are judging from an "adult" perspective
My God, it's full of stars!
i havent read the book or seen the movie but ive seen the movie tralier and yeah its looks ill put it this way interesting
I thought it was great. I thought they did a perfect job on the appearance of the creatures, it had light humor and I sensed much symbolism throughout the movie. I really really enjoyed it, I thought it was brilliant.
I just saw it. the movie was put together well, but they could have done much better finishing it. It also wasn't very clear at all over certain things. i give it a 7 or 8/10.
I'm sure they dragged it on. If I remember correctly, the book was 15 pages.

Look, I have no problem if they did something interesting with it though, it's really cool to see artists add on to make a movie seem more alive, I remember the book as a child and if this movie appealed to me more, I would go see it.
Quote by Twist of fate
I'm sure they dragged it on. If I remember correctly, the book was 15 pages.

Look, I have no problem if they did something interesting with it though, it's really cool to see artists add on to make a movie seem more alive, I remember the book as a child and if this movie appealed to me more, I would go see it.

it's very odd. it moves extremely fast, makes little sense, and ends incedibly abruptly. i still liked something about it, though. i think it's that i like seeing unnamed creatures destroy things meniaclly(sp?).
Last edited by Papercut... at Oct 30, 2009,
i thought it was a bit long and dragged out, but overall i liked it a lot.

My mind is going. I can feel it.