So I've been doing some research on pedals and I'm not sure whether to choose between a Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker or a Rat. I'll eventually try them both out but I'm wondering: how different are the two pedals? The Big Muff is closer to a fuzz, right? I'll be using the pedal on an Vox AC4, and I heard that Rats sound better than Muffs on small tube amps. Is this true?

Thanks for the help!
the big muff is a fuzz pedal... not closer.. it is.. so if you want a fuzz pedal then get it, if you want an overdrive get the rat
Yeah but it's more fuzz than distortion.. and the other's an overdrive.
just get the big muff, things awesome.
depends what you play, i'd say the rat, but its pretty much fuzzy sound or overdriven sound. I mean the different pedals, not the rat. probably confused you now.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
the rat is a distortion pedal and probably the more versatile out of the two so i would go with the rat. also if you are willing to go used the vintage reissue rats are better than the newer rat 2 models
Quote by stykerwolf
It's actually a fuzzy distortion more then an actual Fuzz

+1, the rat sounded pretty fuzzy when I tried one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?