While the rest of my senior class is going to Mexico, purely to take advantage of the drinking age, I chose to go to Germany to drink AND take in the Bavarian Altstadt. What are some good things worth seeing? For those of you who have been, which seem to be the safest hostels? So far, it's me, going by myself. I do speak German, however, so it's not all bad. Any sort of tips are really greatly appreciated.

And, an open question, any recommendations on bars/ brews?
Eat at the Hofbrauhaus. No matter what else you do, eat there.

I was in Munich recently for a class exchange deal, we werent allowed to drink (school trip but i dont drink anyway) so i cant comment on which bier, but ill try to remember what we did there. Not really awake yet.

EDIT: http://www.cvjm-muenchen.org/en/

This was the hostel we stayed in, it was fine, nice ice cream place across the street, but sorta funny as it was surrounded by strip clubs and a "Sexkino". But the area was fine, 5 minutes from the Hauptbahnhof, 10 from Marienplatz
Last edited by Icehawk217 at Oct 18, 2009,
Munich is a fun city, just walk around and there will be lots of things to do.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Munich is awesome. Theres like three forever 18s no more that a block apart from each other in this one square, and theyre ALWAYS FULL!!

Forever 18 is germanies equivalent of forever 21
Quote by GregMisiakk
While the rest of my senior class is going to Mexico, purely to take advantage of the drinking age, I chose to go to Germany to drink AND take in the Bavarian Altstadt. What are some good things worth seeing? For those of you who have been, which seem to be the safest hostels? So far, it's me, going by myself. I do speak German, however, so it's not all bad. Any sort of tips are really greatly appreciated.

And, an open question, any recommendations on bars/ brews?

Surely they could just get an adult to buy you beer and sit in a park and **** around like most kids?
If you're interested in anything remotely related to science, you HAVE to visit the Deutsches Museum. it's basically a big-ass building with tons of cool stuff in there, including the first computer, an electron microscope and a large head that you can walk through. I spent one week there after winning some kind of science thingy in 9th grade, it was kickass.

as for beer, try Franziskaner, it's awesome.

there's not really much to say, if you can't find a good time in Munich, then you're doing it wrong
Go to the Hofbrauhaus, go the English Garden and the Chinesischer Turm and just stroll through the center between the old city gates. Also if you have time go the the Olympiapark and see the BMW museum, which is awesome. The nightlife is great as well.

As for Beers, any of the beer produced by the Paulaner, Augustiner, Franziskaner, Erdinger and Hofbrauhaus breweries are excellent.

Whats the drinking age in Mexico then? It's 16 for non-spirits in Germany anyway, can't really be any lower in Mexico can it?
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I'm from munich and what the guys above me said is very true. Your questions about hostels hasn't really been answered, but I can't really help u either, since I've never actually had to stay in one, but I'm sure that if you simply type that into google u'll get loads of good results.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by tubatom868686
Forever 18 is germanies equivalent of forever 21

really?

This made my day.

TS, my cousin went like 3 montsh ago, he told me that Marienplatz, the BMW museum and the Allianz Arena were fun to visit.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by GregMisiakk
Mexico just doesn't have one. It's 18, but it's not enforce at all.

Assuming TS's class will be staying at a Resort/big hotel it will be enfroced.

Most hotels give you a bracelet acording to the age group you're in, they'll ask to see it when you look too young and try to order alcohol.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

You should check out the BMW museum, and the BMW Welt. Wiiiiicked.
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Assuming TS's class will be staying at a Resort/big hotel it will be enfroced.

Most hotels give you a bracelet acording to the age group you're in, they'll ask to see it when you look too young and try to order alcohol.

When I went to a big all inclusive resort, they didn't. But you said 'most'.
pandora.com for kick ass free radio.
Quote by grind
When I went to a big all inclusive resort, they didn't. But you said 'most'.

Well, the lat five vacation I've been to the Palace Resorts in Cancun, I didn't ask for any alcohol since it was too obvious that I was a minor, but my sister did and got asked for the bracelet every time, even when we went to a resort from a different chain in a trip.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más