hey guys..well i'm looking for a octave pedal to make some really strange sounds...well of course..a ehx pog, hog or digitech whammy are great...but i'm on a budget around 70€

i know the ehx dosen't sound good with chords or even two notes...so how is the blue box
yeah and i know the tracking on the two pedals is not the best

a alternative is the micro pog..but it costs 2x as the two pedals...and for 40€ more i could get a whammy
Quote by nightraven
the blue box is horrible only useful if you're a led zeppelin cover band. otherwise it's gimmicky.
http://www.zcatpedals.com/?dir=view&id=20090818132022eXbO this could be good for you especially because you're euro.

how good is the tracking on that thing? Because I'm interested. Very interested.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Actually, when you turn the crazy octave effect right down, it makes quite a nice fuzz.
dude get the mxr bass octave deluxe, its great on guitar
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Having owned a Blue Box in the past I will say one thing: It really hates solid state amps. But with a decent valve amp you can get some pretty funky sounds out of it, though most aren't usable.

The ZCat that nightraven linked to looks like a better deal to me.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
the z.cat looks sweet..sound like a pog...could i get some really nasty sounds from it...like the blue orchid riff?
Quote by nightraven
the blue box is horrible only useful if you're a led zeppelin cover band. otherwise it's gimmicky.
http://www.zcatpedals.com/?dir=view&id=20090818132022eXbO this could be good for you especially because you're euro.

Jimmy Page used that pedal for like, one song. and that song isn't a known Zeppelin song at all (plus he only used it for the solo)

<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFb6VXW86Y&feature=player_profilepage
1:40

i think he uses a octaver....or even a whammy..i'm looking for that kind of tone

well the z.cat octave chorus..will add two(?) octaves to my playing while the z.cat pitch shifter will not add a octave but it make the notes sound one octave up or down or detune...like the whammy.....but without the expresion pedal....with is lame that it dosent have one ?
Last edited by hitl at Oct 18, 2009,
The blue box, despite what people may say, definitely doesn't suck. It requires patience, no f*ckin' doubt, but that beast can mangle, mutilate, and shred your tone into a wonderful, musical effect that people will think comes from mars. It's not something you can use on every song, either, but as far as octave effects go, it's one of the best. Especially when you turn the blend to about the 8:30/9 o clock position, when the tracking begins to sporadically jump between one and two octaves down... total psychedelia at its finest. mix that bad boy with a wah pedal.

that being said, i own the octave multiplexer, because i didn't used to be able to think for myself or have patience with such a tool. i regret not getting the blue box (but i'm very ****in' glad joe did).