so i really need a new amp. i play mostly metal like bullet for my valentine, atreyu , trivium, metallica, iron maiden, arch enemy and slipknot. my budget is £200 (uk) and it needs to have a foot switch from clean to distortion. its for home use and band practise and id prefer it to be new (just for the warrenty really). so what amp do you think i should get. thanks
Peavey Vypyr.

You need to save up though for a footswitch. What is your previous amp? If it's just another practice amp then i recommend just saving up more as it would be more of a sidestep than an upgrade.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
my amp at the moment is like a bb blaster or something (the amp i got free with my guitar) but ive played the peavey vypyr and really didnt like it
Quote by notsominidude
my amp at the moment is like a bb blaster or something (the amp i got free with my guitar) but ive played the peavey vypyr and really didnt like it

Well you've got to either lower your expectations or raise your budget, because there's not a whole lot you can buy with 200 pounds.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Yeah save up , 200 pounds isn't nearly enough for a decent metal amp , you'll need at least 400
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
ok so i might try and save for the Blackstar HT-5 but would you recommend the combo or the head and cab, also is 5 watts valve loud enough to be heard over drums
Quote by notsominidude
ok so i might try and save for the Blackstar HT-5 but would you recommend the combo or the head and cab, also is 5 watts valve loud enough to be heard over drums

I don't think you will be able to get modern metal gain (e.g. the bands you suggested) from the HT-5 without a boost.
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by HellBoy9393
I don't think you will be able to get modern metal gain (e.g. the bands you suggested) from the HT-5 without a boost.

by that do you mean like some kind of pedal or footswitch and can it beheard over drums (thats really important aswell)
Quote by notsominidude
by that do you mean like some kind of pedal or footswitch and can it beheard over drums (thats really important aswell)

Yeah an OD pedal would be needed for music like BMFV, Trivium. I THINK it would be loud enough to be heard over drums, but just barely. However if you're playing as a full band e.g. bass, vocals, drums, you won't be able to cut into the mix. You're low-end will be overshadowed by the bass guitar, for one.
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon

ok and yeah i am playing with a full band all except vocals for the time being so i may need to re think that amp then