Hey.

I'm planning on doing an overhaul on my guitar. I plan on replacing everything pretty much. Right now my guitar has a no-name Tune-O-Matic. What brands should I be looking at for a top quality bridge and tail piece? Price shouldn't be an issue as they all seem reasonably cheap. I just want something that's gonna give me extreme stability and preferably comes in black.
Quote by willT08
I just want something that's gonna give me extreme stability

thats more todo with your tuners, unless your using a bigsby style thing.

however, i think you can get tom's with rollers, that would be more stable, but only realy usefull if you have a bigsby.

get some good tuners, and a good nut, that will give your more stability then a bridge will do. (well this style of bridge atleast)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by willT08
Hey.

I'm planning on doing an overhaul on my guitar. I plan on replacing everything pretty much. Right now my guitar has a no-name Tune-O-Matic. What brands should I be looking at for a top quality bridge and tail piece? Price shouldn't be an issue as they all seem reasonably cheap. I just want something that's gonna give me extreme stability and preferably comes in black.

Get a Tone-Pros. They are top quality and have locking studs so once you set your action, it will never move. - http://www.tonepros.com/products.htm
Tone-Pro's are reputed to be the best.

I'm not sure what you call cheap, but they aren't.

What other hardware are you looking for? As you are in the UK, see my sig dude.

SkeetEDIT: As Absent Mind said, Gotoh are also very good. I would go for a 510 set for the bridge and tuners. Have a look in the Vik Guitars thread as he uses them too.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Oct 18, 2009,
Gotoh or Tonepros,

Tonepros customer service sucks ass though, I wasnt very impressed...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I recently put a set of Gotoh tuners and Gotoh Nashville bridge on a Saga kit, I was quite impressed by the quality and the tuning holds up well considering the I need to do some work on the nut.
Fender Thinline Tele 69' RI --- Gibson SG Special --- Epiphone Dot with Bigsby --- Squier Custom Tele II P90 --- Saga LP kit --- Yamaha FG-403MS acoustic
Gotoh is gonna be an economical solution as the last 1 i bought was 18$ for the bridge with studs. Tone pros arent anywhere near cheap.
is it ok to spray the stop bar tail piece of a lea paul style,will it affect the sound?