At the moment I play a Brian May signature (I love it) through a Line 6 Spider 3. My dad bought the amp for me a few years ago when I was starting to play with people more, and it seemed like a good idea at the time, what with all the presets and built in effects.
However, it annoys me quite badly now as I just cant get any tones I'm happy with out of it. I don't know whether this is just me being useless or the amp being rubbish (that hopefully).

If anyone knows of any good amps that would suit me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I tend to play more classic rock stuff like Queen, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy etc. and I'm really into Dio and Rainbow at the moment aswell.

Cheers
Mark
Vox VT15 . how much are u willing to spend?
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Oct 18, 2009,
I recomend a Vox AC30 with some overdrive and an EQ so you can achieve all of those tones.
We need budget
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Vox AC30 with Overdrive
Vox Nightrain
Marshall JCM 800 Combo (Used)
Fender valve amp with overdrive
Oh yeah I meant to say a budget woops
Id probably be able to stretch to maybe about £400 as I've got some bits I need to sell, and if I sold the Line 6.
Look at my Sig!

Great amp for Classic Rock, good cleans, but, if you want lots of versatility, probably not one for you, but, it takes pedals very well, so you could get lots of tones out of it. (Blackheart Handsome Devil).
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Methinks you want a Marshall JCM800 Lead. Go for the 50W model, cheaper to buy, cheaper to replace the power valves, exrremely loud and can be driven hard without needing to be in a stadium. Instant Ritchie Blackmore tone.
Screw buying some new amp, you sound to me like you want a REAL Marshall - grab a JCM800, you'll love it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Methinks you want a Marshall JCM800 Lead. Go for the 50W model, cheaper to buy, cheaper to replace the power valves, exrremely loud and can be driven hard without needing to be in a stadium. Instant Ritchie Blackmore tone.
Screw buying some new amp, you sound to me like you want a REAL Marshall - grab a JCM800, you'll love it.

JCM800 is way out of his budget and has all the cleans of a dying cat vomiting (other than that it is ****ing awesome though!
I've also realised that apparently no tube amps have headphone outputs. This is a real problem for me as I've just moved into a really small terraced house, and my next door neighbour works nightshifts so I cant really play out loud much.
Is there anyway around it or would it be worth getting mum to build a garage or buy me a big shed thing just for a better tone?
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

JCM800 is way out of his budget and has all the cleans of a dying cat vomiting (other than that it is ****ing awesome though!

Are you for real? The JCM800 has very nice cleans. Not sparkly or glassy but they are good cleans.

I would look for a used Laney AOR combo. 30 or 50 watts would be good, although the 30 watt version has 6v6 tubes and will sound a little Marshally. Very good amp though.
Just thought I'd update my position on where I'm at-
I ordered a Marshall JCM800 yesterday, the 50 watt combo one, so looking forward to getting it.
I just gotta go get the footswitch separately.
We never cry for love, we're superheroes,
We are back where we belong.
What's up with the Vox VT bandwagon now? I see everyone suggesting them all of a sudden.
Anyway, I have the AC4TV and it's so rad.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
the vox ac4tv is perfect. Get an od pedal, and a wah like myself and your gold. I crank out cream songs to rolling stones to the black crowes and a little zeppelin and gnr with no trouble at all. Brian May uses vox's.
Good call. Did you get the split channel version or the single channel version? If you got the split-channel, you basically have the combo version of my amp.
split channel version.. hence i have to go and buy the footswitch tomorrow as its not coming with one
and ill try and take a video if i remember haha
We never cry for love, we're superheroes,
We are back where we belong.