Poll: where do you keep your pick?
Poll Options
View poll results: where do you keep your pick?
in the strings
53 28%
behind the pickgaurd
8 4%
in a pick holder located somewhere on the guitar
9 5%
other
118 63%
Voters: 188.
Page 1 of 2
So I was wondering where you guys store your picks? I personally keep them behind my pickgaurd. i usually have two or three sticking out the side.

EDIT: All the options are for places on the guitar because thats what I meant. Every guitarist has pics every where but I was wondering where you stashed them in you guitar. But I think the thread is more interesting hearing about everyones awesome wallet and skull ashtray so carry on with telling everyone where you put your pics nomatter where they are.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Oct 18, 2009,
On my desk. On my finger when I´m playing guitar but not at that exact moment. Something like taking a break.
in a tin.

and all over my room.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
in a tin.

and all over my room.

me too but I like to keep some on my guitar at all times.
Quote by the_perdestrian
me too but I like to keep some on my guitar at all times.

I tend to keep em on my desk and in a tin, but those damn pick gnomes keep stealin' mah stubbs and storing em all over the place.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
I only have one guitar pick, its matt heafys from when i went to see him, and i keep it on my guitar or hold it when im playing, i've had it for a year hahahaha
In my pocket.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
In my pickguard in the lower horn on my Strat, a tin, wallet, pockets and I'm sure theres about 20 at various friends houses.

AND MY MOUTH.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by richard_edwards
In my pickguard in the lower horn on my Strat, a tin, wallet, pockets and I'm sure theres about 20 at various friends houses.

AND MY MOUTH

Forgot that one I tend to keep one there most times of the day (ensures weird looks when you're going outside with a bright red Jazz III in yer mouth )
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by richard_edwards

AND MY MOUTH.

its good to know more people than just me hold picks in their mouths. my friends always flick me crap for that.

and when I made this thread I was really just talking about where you keep pics in your guitar, but since that doesn't seem to be working I keep the majority of my pics in a tin/pile on my amp.
In a skull shaped ash tray!
I don't smoke & it looked kinda cool when I bought it, & I needed a place to keep picks, so one thing lead to another
I don't know where half of my picks are, i loose em all the time. They're all over my room.
ive got a little steel bowl i nicked from my kitchen and put all my picks in it, its sitting ontop of my amp at the moment
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
On my desk, since I never really play guitar anywhere else.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Back pocket, used to lose picks all the time before I started keeping them in there.
In a little plastic lid on my desk.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Why are all of the options storing the pick on the guitar?

Anyway my regular 1.14 picks that I rarely use are in a pickholder, and my 2.0 dunlops are on a shelf right near my guitar.
I cant believe "On top of your amp" wasnt a choice.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
I cant believe "On top of your amp" wasnt a choice.

This.
I always have my picks on my amp or in a pick holder on my amp or around my neck
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
I keep 2 under my retainer bar at all times. Never have to look for one ever again.
I keep one woven between the strings on the first fret on every guitar.

Then the rest are all over my room, that way when I lose one, I can look for another 2 seconds and find another 10.
Quote by richard_edwards

AND MY MOUTH.

Im always chewing at them O_o'
for storage i put them in my guitar hardcase, as it has a pocket for acessories.

When i play; i stuff my pockets full of them.
Quote by Necr0maniac

I have mine behind the headstock of my Jackson, so convenient
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
On my amp in a pile, next to my amp in a pile, in a drawer under my bed in a pile, on my nightstand in a pile, and one in my wallet.
my main pick is stuck into my mousepad. its got a nice little groove where the arm rest (its one of those ergonomic pads) meets the plastic edge. pick fits in there nicely, and since my main guitar is next to my desk it works out well.

i also have a pick pocket in my wallet. like, the pocket is actually pick shaped and came witha pick in it. possibly the greatest wallet ever, since picks were always falling out of my old wallet.

the rest are in either guitar cases or my accessory bowl.
Quote by jof1029
my main pick is stuck into my mousepad. its got a nice little groove where the arm rest (its one of those ergonomic pads) meets the plastic edge. pick fits in there nicely, and since my main guitar is next to my desk it works out well.

i also have a pick pocket in my wallet. like, the pocket is actually pick shaped and came witha pick in it. possibly the greatest wallet ever, since picks were always falling out of my old wallet.

the rest are in either guitar cases or my accessory bowl.

Wow, that's an awesome wallet. Got to get me one of those. The only picks I've ever lost are the ones that fell out of my wallet, the rest is always on my amp.
When not playing; in a little neoprene bag.
Live; two or three under the pickguard, some with tape covering the tips on the sides of the guitar.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
In a small metal basket. I should probably use something with a lid though.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
small tackle box prob meant for fishing bait! i have yet to lose one outta there. only when i forget to put them back in there.

why does it always seem like you lose your favorite ones and not the sh*tty ones you never use?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Because, as you said, you never use the shitty ones.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I have a "Rock Box" where I keep all my little things that are easy to lose (Picks, Slide, Extra Strings).
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I have a camel cigarette tin full of picks and allen wrenches.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Page 1 of 2