Hey, Soon I'm going to buy a small tube amp to replace my Line6. It will be used to practice and do some recording with. My current rig is a Cort Z42 and a Line6 Spider 3 and I am soon going to buy an Epiphone Les Paul Studio Gothic. I wont gig with it so it won't need to be very powerful. I will be playing a range of genres (mainly Blues, Blues Rock, Punk and Hard Rock) so it will need to be a versatile amp. I'm torn between the Blackstar HT-5, Marshall Class 5 and the Orange AD5. In will try all the amps out soon but can anyone help with my desicion or suggest a different amp for around the same price?
Thanks.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Epiphone Les Paul Studio? You can do better IMO.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
i would get the class 5 as the blackstar is more of a metal amps than what you want, and the class 5 can be hooked upto a 4x12 so you can use it to gig if you want
Get the marshall class 5, once the speaker has broken in, it sounds fantastic at high volumes and it's perfect for blues and hard rock
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Yea, I've tried the Marshall and the Blackstar and I'll go with the Marshall. Thanks for the help
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa