So the thing is, soon I have to decide my erasmus destination for a year of student exchange and I was hoping that some of you could tell me a little about the places I have to choose from. My list has narrowed down to Stockholm, Prague and Helsinki and maybe some of you natives or anyone for that matter could tell me what would await me in any of these destinations.

I asking for you to take everything into account and tell me as much as you can whether it be nightlife, stuff to do for fun, cultural diversity, how hot the ladies are, etc. So if anyone lives in the aforementioned cities or has ever been on a student exchange there please tell me. Btw I study civil engineering.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Slovenia

seriously, we have excess of everything for erasmus students. This year they put all of you foreign students into the fancy new dorm we got. Food is cheap (you buy meal tokens which get you a full lunch for like 2€ at like 40 different restaurants all over town), beer is probably a bit more expensive than in Poland but generally around 2€/pint in a pub (3 if you're in the center). Theres plently of a nightlife, ranging from various electronica to a sprawling alternative scene ( [http://www.metelkovamesto.org/ ) and the general get drunk student parties. Practically everyone knows english (no idea how much that is actually applied in classes....since all the Polish exchange students I've seen here were drunks )
And theres plenty of stuff to see in the country since we basically cover everything from the Alps to the Mediterranean within 200km, so climbing, rafting, mountain biking, skiing, bungee jumping, just going to the beach in the summer, etc....
If you stay until the summer we've got Metalcamp if you're a fan of heavy music , it's worth going just for the location

I'd love to go somewhere myself but my faculty is retarded at getting any bilateral agreements
Last edited by seljer at Oct 18, 2009,
I would recommend Stockholm, you won't regret it, but i'll leave the explanation-part to someone else.
音づれない
Quote by uk.mace
Personally I'd go to Stockholm, because it's Sweden. That's my only reason. :P

This
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Helsinki is good... except food and clubbing costs a lot. I gotta go on an erasmus exchange too, but not for a while. If you don't like cold don't come here though. I personally love it here, but i'm half finn to begin with
My Slovenian man your description of your life quite similar to that of Polish life. I could choose Ljubljana but I didn't check if they have my course in English. I would have chosen some spanish or italian city hands down if they had my course in English but I could not find anyone in the erasmus network meeting my needs except those who are left in my list. There are of course many more schools but I like a bigger city preferably at least 400k.

P.S. it's not easy to convince a guy like me to go somewhere... kind of bragging about Poland but we do have pretty ladies and a very lively nightlife.

If someone could tell me some firsthand experiences about these cities it would be great.

EDIT: ^ No I don't mind the cold as long as they have some way of having fun regardless of the temperature :P besides I like the finnish pragmatism, vodka, russianmixed women and moominpeikko!
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Last edited by Bronek at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Bronek
My Slovenian man your description of your life quite similar to that of Polish life. I could choose Ljubljana but I didn't check if they have my course in English. I would have chosen some spanish or italian city hands down if they had my course in English but I could not find anyone in the erasmus network meeting my needs except those who are left in my list. There are of course many more schools but I like a bigger city preferably at least 400k.

P.S. it's not easy to convince a guy like me to go somewhere... kind of bragging about Poland but we do have pretty ladies and a very lively nightlife.

If someone could tell me some firsthand experiences about these cities it would be great.

Slovenian is quite similar to polish, just drop all the Ws and we're there there. (or at least thats my experience at talking with drunk polish exchange students). If you know any slavic language you can pick up another one in about two weeks.