Page 1 of 3
CoD:MW2 is launching with no dedicated server support, instead they have a match making service just like in Left 4 Dead. No longer will you be able to choose a server with low ping or a modded server with settings you like. They've dumbed the PC version down to a console level and the PC gaming community is up in arms.

They've started a petition with 10k+ signed already and it's only been up a day, players are cancelling pre orders and a total of $200,000 has been lost in just over a day!

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/

Sign it! **** consoles.
Quote by webbtje
I don't really care. Gaming thread.

Wow then don't post, go teach someone how to play 9 to 5 or something.
When this happens, nerds are most likely to code a mod to fix this or something.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Psycho Pigeon

Lol, my employment is fairly irrelevant - Gaming Thread. That's what it's for.

Would be a fairly shit job if I had 9 to 5 on a Sunday, no?
Last edited by webbtje at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Psycho Pigeon

No sir, you dont get it. The pit is not for gaming purpose (only) and you need to go the appropriate thread to get answer on this topic.
Please learn to be nice in the community
Don't care about those games. I'd prefer to fap rather than play 'em.

P.S. if developers make game bad, it is their loss, not yours. Just don't play it, enjoy your life.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Last edited by C0_0kie at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Psycho Pigeon

Quote by webbtje
Lol, my employment is fairly irrelevant - Gaming Thread. That's what it's for.

Would be a fairly shit job if I had 9 to 5 on a Sunday, no?

I think he was referring to the Dolly Parton song
RULE BRITANNIA
Still play cod 2. Love that shit

'Officer keep darkie down'. Play in rifle servers. Mostly uk servers.
Last edited by pak1351 at Oct 18, 2009,
Am I the only person that thought CoD:MW was a pretty average game? Admittitly I never played the multimplayer because I played it though round a freinds house, but the singleplayer seemed pretty boring. 4 of us did try some offline multiplayer, that was crap, but mostly due to the lack of bots.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I think he was referring to the Dolly Parton song

I'm far too brutal to care about women called Dolly.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
I can't even see a logical reason why there wouldn't be no dedicated server support?

Cost? no?
The more you study the more you know. The more you know the more you forget......... so why study
Quote by Like a boss
Cost? no?

I was assuming he meant dedicated server support like it exists in other PC games, 3rd parties host games on a private server, rather than players host games on a computer as they are playing.
Dedicated Servers are what makes it enjoyable. I played it intensely on the PS3 and **** me everytime "Host Ended Game" RAAAAAAAAAGE!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Cod: WaW > Cod: MW
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Quote by CSguitarvocal

COD: United Offensive > All other COD's

In multiplayer at least...the original had the best singleplayer IMO
Quote by CliffIsAngry
Dedicated Servers are what makes it enjoyable. I played it intensely on the PS3 and **** me everytime "Host Ended Game" RAAAAAAAAAGE!

In MW2 it's fixed so that a new host is chosen during the game and it continues.
Get a gaming PC, problem solved.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by CSguitarvocal

Not a chance. I had days put into cod4, went into WaW with a positive attitude but ended up with under 3 hours online because its terrible. Zombie coop is overrated too.

Anyway, to enrage everyone further, the cost is apparently going to be £40 for the pc version (£55 for consoles) because activision think the pc version is too cheap.

Quote by mattman93
Get a gaming PC, problem solved.

servers suck shit. Matchmaking (a la COD4) is way better.

PC gamers are tools anyways. They just like to hack and pretend they're better than everyone else because they shoot with a mouse.
Quote by CSguitarvocal

...I'm sorry, are you on glue?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']...I'm sorry, are you on glue?lol +1 (I watch my friend play them. WaW's online is bullshit.
Quote by Tedward

PC gamers are tools anyways. They just like to hack and pretend they're better than everyone else because they shoot with a mouse.

Oh you devious troll you
Too bad Call of Duty sucks to begin with.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Tedward

you've obivously never played on good servers then. I love the tf2 community on the servers i go to. everyone's nice and almost no hacking occurs. You're just mad because your PC won't run them, aren't you?

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by Wulphy
Too bad Call of Duty sucks to begin with.

BAWWWWWWW.

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by duggyrocks
Oh you devious troll you

I'm serious

I always hated SOCOM and other PS3 games, and even 007 Nightfire on PC back in the day because of dedicated servers. I can see how some people like it though.

Theres also really shitty matchmaking though, like Halo. It takes so long to join a game, and after every game you have to find a new one.

COD4 MW is great though. It's so easy to just start up a game and start playing. And theres no connecting for 5 minutes and finding out the server is full, or finding out it's no explosives snipers only when you just wanna spray n pray. Or something.

EDIT:

Quote by an epic mistake
you've obivously never played on good servers then. I love the tf2 community on the servers i go to. everyone's nice and almost no hacking occurs. You're just mad because your PC won't run them, aren't you?

wtf?

If I wanted to play PC games I would buy a PC that plays them. I grew up with N64, I'm a console fan. I don't like jumping with a space bar or walking with a W.

And I have played on good servers. But finding a good server is a 1/10 chance.

And yes I have played on "good servers". I'm just too impatient to search through a million games to find a good one.
Last edited by Tedward at Oct 18, 2009,
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']BAWWWWWWW.

Right, he starts a thread crying about how much the PC version is going to suck because of no dedicated servers, and I'm the one BAAAAWing.

It really doesn't get more cliche and overdone than Call of Duty. It's going to be the same as CoD4, but this time it gets some makeup.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
COD4 has the shittiest matchmaking of all imo. You cant see what map you're going to join when you hit connect and 9/10 its a laggy host that ruins the game. Lets not forget the host leaving thing.

With dedicated servers you can favourite a few good ones. In TF2 i play on one server 99% of the time where I know everyone, can be sure friends are in there, am at no risk of being cheated and have an awesome time
Quote by Wulphy
Right, he starts a thread crying about how much the PC version is going to suck because of no dedicated servers, and I'm the one BAAAAWing.

It really doesn't get more cliche and overdone than Call of Duty. It's going to be the same as CoD4, but this time it gets some makeup.

Stop whining. If you don't like CoD, why even comment?

In fact, forget it. You're the one wasting your time here. Have fun.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

I'll just enjoy playing it on my 360 and 52" HDTV.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']...I'm sorry, are you on glue?

The multiplayer is better in WaW. Levels are bigger and more interesting. Half of the MP levels in MW feel the same.
Quote by Wulphy

And we get to kill black people instead of russians and indians this time!

Hmm sounds like Resident evil 5 syndrome...
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Page 1 of 3