SO the intonation on ym guitar is a bit off.

as in the open e string sounds fine but the E note on the 12th fret is a bit flat, and each string is like this, with the low E string having minor fret buzz. Its a fixed bridge electric guitar, (ibanez ART320) so im wondernig how exactly do I adjust it?

If the notes are flat do I increase the string length or shorten it? And will screwing the screw inward (lower the bridge closer to the body) shorten or lengthen the string??

Thanks in advance, much appreciated
Quote by CarnivalBeam
SO the intonation on ym guitar is a bit off.

as in the open e string sounds fine but the E note on the 12th fret is a bit flat, and each string is like this, with the low E string having minor fret buzz. Its a fixed bridge electric guitar, (ibanez ART320) so im wondernig how exactly do I adjust it?

If the notes are flat do I increase the string length or shorten it? And will screwing the screw inward (lower the bridge closer to the body) shorten or lengthen the string??

Thanks in advance, much appreciated

See those philip head slots? Well those will adjust your string length which in turn will affect your intonation. And as has been noted you don't need to worry about lowering or increasing the height of the bridge. And i'm not too sure on which way you turn it but I'm sure you'll be able to work it out.
if the fretted notes are flat, you'll probably be looking at shortening the string a little,
so start with a slight counter clock turn.

fret at the 12th and see if you're closer to in tune there.

dont forget to tune the open string again after every screw turn.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011