Looking to change the neck pickup and perhaps the bridge pickup on my jackson kvx10, no actives, i play lead and moslty play metal in all forms so something verstiale would be nice.

Thx
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
will look into them, thank you
Quote by darkcheef
Your tone really wouldn't change since you have a vypyr.

but the neck pu is really muddy and its not just tone but getting a cleaner scream as well
Quote by darkcheef
Your tone really wouldn't change since you have a vypyr.

Bullshit.
One of my guitars has Duncans. The other has Epiphone pickups. Duncans are a lot clearer.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Bullshit.
One of my guitars has Duncans. The other has Epiphone pickups. Duncans are a lot clearer.

Not bullshit, my cousin has a vypyr 75 and changed his stock jacksons to gibson pickups and they sounded the same.
Quote by darkcheef
Not bullshit, my cousin has a vypyr 75 and changed his stock jacksons to gibson pickups and they sounded the same.

Gibson stocks arnt exactly extraordinary either though. I mean, theyd be a definite upgrade from Jackson, but not as good as say a DiMarzio or even a Bareknuckle. I imagine your cousin didnt have any problem that he wanted to fix, thats why they sounded similar.
TS has already said that his are muddy and wants more clarity, he can MOST DEFINITELY get a more clear pup and be able to hear the difference on his Vypyr, its not as if the Vypyr blots out your pickups and substitutes its own or something.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Gibson stocks arnt exactly extraordinary either though. I mean, theyd be a definite upgrade from Jackson, but not as good as say a DiMarzio or even a Bareknuckle. I imagine your cousin didnt have any problem that he wanted to fix, thats why they sounded similar.
TS has already said that his are muddy and wants more clarity, he can MOST DEFINITELY get a more clear pup and be able to hear the difference on his Vypyr, its not as if the Vypyr blots out your pickups and substitutes its own or something.

Exactly.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yea, I think the Duncan upgrade would help the clarity/quality of the sound regardless of the amp. If its muddy on a vyper, it'd be muddy on anything else.

Check out the JB/59' combo, or the JB/Jazz as somebody else already said- thats what is in the Rhoads. Also, check out a duncan distortion- another high output, well rounded pup.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL