I'm taking my 2005 Squier SE Special and (hopefully) turning it into a Dave Murray type monster. I'm keeping the stock mid pup and putting a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge. I'm also putting a DiMarzio Heavy Blues 2 in the neck. So, what do you think?
Sorry a bit off topic but what is 250k pots? Sounds like something from Runescape.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sweet, good luck with the mod. If you're trying to get his tone you may want to get a better amp first, I've got a Frontman and... well, I'm not impressed with it
What you're better off doing is getting a new guitar (maybe a Fender HSS Standard Strat) and a new amp (maybe a Blackheart or a Blackstar, I dunno, I forget which ones more suited). Your tone will be so much better, and to be honest, it would be a lot more worth it modding a decent Fender rather than one of the beginner models done by Squier.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Lil Macker
What you're better off doing is getting a new guitar (maybe a Fender HSS Standard Strat) and a new amp (maybe a Blackheart or a Blackstar, I dunno, I forget which ones more suited). Your tone will be so much better, and to be honest, it would be a lot more worth it modding a decent Fender rather than one of the beginner models done by Squier.

This is it. However, if you cant afford a full on Fender, why not buy yourself a higher quality Squier. But the main thing is the amp. Frontman doesnt do Metal well at all, I know because thats the first amp i had for a really long time (my very first amp died in about 12 hours) and it did not do metal well. AT ALL. add to the fact that I had a cheapo Strat copy like yours and youve got some serious nastiness invading your ears.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by falconthefirst
Sorry a bit off topic but what is 250k pots? Sounds like something from Runescape.
Potentiometers. Variable Resistors. Google it.

On that note, if you're using HBs, you should use 500k. Just because your amp is messes it up doesn't mean you should mess it up for the next.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
I'm just wishing I had a job, because I can't afford the $3,000 Marshall JVM410 Half Stack
There's always the Peavey Windsor, which is, as far as I'm aware, a lot like a modded JCM800. Of course, get a different cab (an Avatar 2x12 runs about $500 inc. shipping) and a better set of tubes as soon as you can.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i aprove of the dimarzio heavy blues 2 Pup! my setup was oging to be very similler some sort of rail/humbucker single in the bridge, heavy blues 2 in the middle and twang king in the neck
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by falconthefirst

Awww... i played runescape too.

Pot=Weed or Potencitators.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
My squier isn't working now, so I'm using a Hamer Diablo... a pretty nice guitar...

Also, they're potentiometers, not whatever you said...
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Oct 20, 2009,
Quote by oneblackened
There's always the Peavey Windsor, which is, as far as I'm aware, a lot like a modded JCM800. Of course, get a different cab (an Avatar 2x12 runs about $500 inc. shipping) and a better set of tubes as soon as you can.

The Peavey Windsor has been discontinued as of a few weeks ago TS can probably find the head used, though.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-Tube-Amp-Head?sku=481331#used

Quote by Dawnwalker
Awww... i played runescape too.

Pot=Weed or Potencitators.

Well, at least you tried.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by Sopheydood
The Peavey Windsor has been discontinued as of a few weeks ago TS can probably find the head used, though.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-Tube-Amp-Head?sku=481331#used

Well, at least you tried.

well, damn. There goes the Marshall on a budget. I heard marshall is putting out an entry level line of tube amps (MC series I think it was called? Either that or MA) soon enough though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was thinking a DSL100MLB Full stack just because everybody needs one... and the fact that Dave Murray uses one just makes it all the more attractive.... Just need to hunt for some discontinued poweramps!!!
Quote by IronMaiden76
I was thinking a DSL100MLB Full stack just because everybody needs one... and the fact that Dave Murray uses one just makes it all the more attractive.... Just need to hunt for some discontinued poweramps!!!

Quote by falconthefirst

Lmao it so does haha