Ok so I had basically decided on getting the danelectro cool cat drive but I kept forgetting about buying it online but I've found a guy willing to sell a Vox Cooltron Brit Boost for £60 also I wanted a fulltone ocd before but they are expensive.

I use a vox ac4 and I love the tones I can get but its a loud amp and I would like to be able to change from clean to overdriven or distorted in the middle of a song so......

Basically I'm confused about which to get or what my other options are, I'm not sure about spending loads as I want to also get a nova repeater which is like £130.

Thanks for any help.

BTW I don't play metal.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
You can also look at the Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret (HC Forums are heads over tits in love with this OD).

Alternatively you can also look at the Love Pedals, esp the Kanji pedal.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Sorry to hijack this thread, I already asked this somewhere else and didn't get a reply yet. I'm trying to decide on an OD pedal myself and I was told to take a look at an Ibanez TS9, since it looks like one of those can't-really-go-wrong-with-it pedals. Maybe the TS could check this out too.

I was curious about the EHX Germanium OD. Anybody knows something about it?
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Dude don't hijack (I'm such a hypocrite)

Oh yea but are those pedals not a bit on the pricey side ragingkitty?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by demitriv
Dude don't hijack (I'm such a hypocrite)

Oh yea but are those pedals not a bit on the pricey side ragingkitty?

Yes... they are... relatively.

I'm just into higher end or booteek gear these days.

My past experience with mass market products is that a lot of them give you mass market sound. That is to say, everyone else will to some extent sound like you, or the pedals just suckahembossdigittechahem.

While not to say its a bad thing, it isn't. I just believe that sometimes you might as well pay a little more to get something different or special. Yeah its pricy, but for me it means that I'd rather pay once for an excellent pedal than to pay for two or three mediocre pedals.

Of course that's just me.

I think other pedals you can consider are the keeley modded Boss or you can get some of the Boss pedals and just get a few of the mod kits to sup it up.

Also I think you can consider the Pigtronix Creamsicle Overdrive that's available on Pro Guitar Shop.

Just my2cents. You may or may not agree, but keep in mind that paying for one great pedal will cost you less than paying for several average pedals.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Yea obviously I'm in Northern Ireland so I would have to pay shipping and customs charges on stuff from America.

Would I be better off just looking for a boost?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Also does anyone have an opinion on the vox cooltron british boost?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Anyone?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4