Depends where you want the invader? It is very harsh and takes quite a bit of eq'ing to get a good sound from it.

p.s. I have a Invader set in one of my guitars.
Legend.
I was gonna put it in the bridge
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Quote by GuitarLGND
I was gonna put it in the bridge
Screw the Invader.

JB and Jazz/59' or Super Distortion and Jazz/59'.
What genres are you playing and what exactly do you want from each position?

I hate the Jazz in the neck, soooo I'm not going to suggest that
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the invader is crap. Really bassy and just plain weird sounding. Invader+invader though..

or i recommend JB or duncan distortion w/ '59 or jazz.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by MatrixClaw
What genres are you playing and what exactly do you want from each position?

I hate the Jazz in the neck, soooo I'm not going to suggest that

I play thrash metal or hard rock...im not sure really sure other than some good bass on the pickups, crisp cleans, good sustain, good harmonics, and decent low end
Quote by The_Rooster
Dude its a guitar, not an nuclear weapon...... unless your Chuck Norris.

Quote by RapeStove
That's what she said.

Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavy 25w
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss BF-3
Quote by GuitarLGND
I play thrash metal or hard rock...im not sure really sure other than some good bass on the pickups, crisp cleans, good sustain, good harmonics, and decent low end
*cough* JB and Jazz/59' *cough*

You could also look at Dimarzio's. D-Sonic/D-Activator and Air Norton possibly?
Quote by GuitarLGND

maybe one of the customs? EDIT: i mean instead of the invader.

is there any reason why you want to stick to duncans, though (you may have a perfectly valid reason, i'm just wondering)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by GuitarLGND

What guitar are you putting these in? Some pickups work better in others because of the body wood.

I'd most likely agree with a JB in the bridge though, I had an Invader in a Strat and though it sounded alright, I still much prefer the JB. As for the neck, I really don't like the Jazz at all, it's an extremely warm sounding pickup that is very bassy and don't really have any bite when distorted. Clean, it sounds too bassy for me, I like my cleans to sparkle. I'm really liking the Full Shred I have in my Ibanez S1520 though, it's more similar to the bridge pickup (which is a Distortion), but just a slight bit warmer, but still aggressive for high gain solos.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Duncan Distortion / 59 model.

Awesome set.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.