Page 1 of 4
So the Tories say they will legalise foxhunting again when the get into office, what is your opinion? Do you think it should stay banned.
It should be banned. It's far too middleclass nowadays.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I'm not rich, or a fox, so it doesnt bother me too much

You are allegedly a human being bro. Plus i hate all the poor working class hicks who think it is their tradition and its something townies just cannot understand. Twats.
I think if foxes want to go hunting let them...

But in all seriousness, there is little point in hunting with dogs, when hunting with guns is legal, and more humane... It should stay banned - why change one of the few things that the Labour Government got right!
I think they should train foxes to use guns. That way it would be more interesting.
*read: That way the foxes will kill every single snobby hunter*
Quote by lucertia.
You are allegedly a human being bro. Plus i hate all the poor working class hicks who think it is their tradition and its something townies just cannot understand. Twats.

The working class dont go fox hunting bro, its all the toff's, and the "townies" (lol 2005) dont grasp the concept and problems to do with it because its not something they encounter in their daily lives.

I am against foxhunting, but its hardly a major political issue, hence why I'm not that bothered about it
I'm massively against it, it's barbaric. Hunt the aristocracy instead. Two birds, one stone.

Note: I also don't condone throwing stones at birds.
Should remain banned, no good argument for hunting with dogs except bloodlust.

Can't believe were going to be lorded over by a bunch of toffs.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I'm for any kind of hunting as long as you're doing everything with your bare hands.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
The working class dont go fox hunting bro, its all the toff's, and the "townies" (lol 2005) dont grasp the concept and problems to do with it because its not something they encounter in their daily lives.

The working class are employed by the toffs to run the hunts, bro.

Townies cant grasp the concept of culling an animal for legitimate purposes rather than chasing it for miles and ripping it to shreds in the name of sport?
Quote by Mechanixx

I really hope Cameron doesn't get in. He's such a twat. I'd rather have more of Gordon than have the Tories get in. Though hopefully the Lib Dems win.
As long as it's Frenchmen you're hunting.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Definitely. If they were just shooting foxes then that's one thing, but chasing it around the countryside until it's worn out and scared beyond belief before being ripped apart by a gang of dogs is just too far.

I agree with this. I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with it if it was done humanely, but it's not.

I also hate people from the countryside that seem to think people in the city don't understand their need to fox hunting, I live right in the middle of the countryside and I still disagree with it, I know a lot of other people who do as well.
BAN IT!

I hate when those stupid aristocrats and gentry folk ride their horses through my fields! It ruins my crops! I'm just a poor tenant farmer trying to make a living and they come round and ruin it! Bastards! They don't care about us. PATERNALISM IS DEAD!
Bleh, it's just rich toffs (like the tories ) taking part in animal cruelty and claiming it's a tradition. As if sacrificing a goat, painfully and hideously, is alright as long as your ancestors did it.
edit: I realise, reading over, that sacrificing goats and hunting foxes are unrelated apart from the fact that it's justified by some as being a heritage.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Mechanixx

What about if you're on a deserted island after like a plane crash and you were transporting dogs or something aboard like a single engine plane.

I wouldn't use them for hunting its far too barbaric, I'd rather just starve to death.

Sure it's an 'out there' example, but it could happen.
It's a blood Sport. It shouldn't be allowed. Who gives a shit about tradition? I don't want people getting off on seeing an animal being ripped apart until it dies, regardless of what animal it is.

Same for Bullfighting and stuff, its awful.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
I'm against foxhunting for political and moral reasons.

amidoinitright?

Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I don't like rich southerners. So yes, ban it. If only to irritate the toffs.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I take Bill Bailey's view on this..

I don't care about foxhunting.. I just think the "toffery" of it is stupid.
I aways thought foxhunting was when they shot it and the dog brought it back. If the dogs rip it apart anyways why even have a gun? It makes no sense to me..

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_hunting

Actually I'm pretty sure I'm right, the dogs don't rip it apart, atleast not until they shoot it. You guys are stupid (some of you).
Last edited by Cymbalez at Oct 18, 2009,
NO!

Let's hunt those motherfuckers down, damn republicans and their blind following of religion.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Cymbalez
Actually I'm pretty sure I'm right, the dogs don't rip it apart, atleast not until they shoot it. You guys are stupid (some of you).
Oh ok, that's fine then. Sorry for being stupid.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by Cymbalez
I aways thought foxhunting was when they shot it and the dog brought it back. If the dogs rip it apart anyways why even have a gun? It makes no sense to me..

The dogs tear it to bits alive bro
Ok. So, let me get this straight. They don't even use guns? They just let the dogs kill the fox?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I strongly disagree with the ban. Coming from a working class family living in a rural area, since the ban was enforced, we have more foxes roaming around the place. Bloody horrible little bastards. Anyway, in nature, a dog will always hunt a fox anyway. Fox hunting is essentially pest control. Where I live is surrounded by farms with livestock, and all of the farmers complain about foxes getting into the farms and killing chickens. They lose a lot of money when there's an excess of foxes.
Quote by Wednesday Bass
I strongly disagree with the ban. Coming from a working class family living in a rural area, since the ban was enforced, we have more foxes roaming around the place. Bloody horrible little bastards. Anyway, in nature, a dog will always hunt a fox anyway. Fox hunting is essentially pest control. Where I live is surrounded by farms with livestock, and all of the farmers complain about foxes getting into the farms and killing chickens. They lose a lot of money when there's an excess of foxes.

No.
Quote by Wednesday Bass

I hate to break it to you, but it's not like a hunt will kill 400 foxes. Effective pest control: killing lots of foxes. Ineffective pest control: riding around on a horse with silly clothing and killing a couple, over the course of the day, while tooting french horns.
Quote by Cymbalez

did you read that?

The hunt continues until either the fox evades the hounds, goes to ground or is overtaken and usually killed by the hounds. In the case of Scottish hill packs or the gun packs of Wales and upland areas of England, the fox is flushed to guns. Hunts in the Cumbrian fells and other upland areas are followed by supporters on foot rather than on horseback. In the UK, where the fox goes to ground, terriers may be entered into the earth to locate the fox so that it can be dug down to and killed.[1]

it's only flushed out to guns on upland areas i.e. hills, mountains etc.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by lucertia.
No.

Yes.

Find me a farmer who hasn't had to shoot a fox to stop it killing livestock. They're pests.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1FUJD_ENUK296&q=define%3Apest&btnG=Search&meta=
any unwanted and destructive insect or other animal that attacks food or crops or livestock etc.

Hence, foxes = pest
Wow. This isn't even hunting. Real hunting is when you go out on your own with a firearm and maybe one dog and kill it yourself. I'm glad it's banned.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Page 1 of 4