Daily Mail article attacking Stephen Gately becomes most complained article in media.

Page 1 of 2
An article calling the death of Stephen Gately 'sleazy' has become the most complained article in media history.

I mean, the poor guy's not even in his grave and Jan Moir (who wrote the article) has shown the Daily Mail to be a refuge for blatant discrimination, defamation and general asshattery.

Daily Mail article

The Daily Mail has become the Daily Heil...
Pretty weird that's become such a big thing while bill o'reilly's verbal drivel hardly gets any attention (in comparison).

People like to complain, I guess.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I saw this yesterday. Charlie Brooker made me laugh about it (clicky) .
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Don't you dislike gays, Fassa, or am I thinking of someone else?

Or is this just a vehicle to bitch at the Daily Mail?
Quote by WaitWhat?
I saw this yesterday. Charlie Brooker made me laugh about it (clicky) .

Charlie Brooker is great, based on that one I think I need to read his article more often.
Quote by sglover34479
Oh look, another pointless thread from fassa..

Fuck off.

I saw this the other day and whilst it had all sorts of abuse in it, it confused the hell out of me more than anything.

'SEE HE DIDN'T LIVE HIS FULL LIVE THEREFORE WE SHOULD QUESTION CIVIL UNIONS'.

???
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I LOVE Charlie Brooker!

Even though his political views are the opposite to yours. Unless you've become a liberal overnight.

Anyway, the reason this article generated complaints and people like Bill O'Reilly don't is because this was in Britain, and the crap on Fox is in the USA. People in the U.K. are on the whole more anti-bigotry and discrimation then people in the US.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by maXterbat0r
Don't you dislike gays, Fassa, or am I thinking of someone else?

What does that have to do with anything?!

Or is this just a vehicle to bitch at the Daily Mail?

No-one, especially someone writing in a major newspaper, has the right to simply insult someone who's done nothing wrong and is now dead and can't defend themselves.
I would read the article, but I don't read the daily mail for moral and political reasons...ok that got old. Yeah I would call this "news" article news. I hate "news"
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
I read the article, he poses a very obvious, yet avoided point. Healthy men don't just drop dead. His family refuted the claim it was down to drugs, but it's been found he at least smoked cannabis that night.

And, to be fair, it was quite sleazy. 2 guys who are in a civil partnership, take a younger male bulgarian up to their room, where Gately's partner locks himself in the room with this bulgarian, whilst Gately, I presume was just waiting his turn.

People need to stop acting like the sun shines out of a celebrity's arse as soon as they drop dead. They were flawed, imperfect, insecure people, like everyone else.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

No-one, especially someone writing in a major newspaper, has the right to simply insult someone who's done nothing wrong and is now dead and can't defend themselves.

Are you not insulting gays by saying you dislike them?

Also why so interested in UK affairs? Most Americans dont give a shit about other countries affairs.
Quote by Kyle.E
I read the article, he poses a very obvious, yet avoided point. Healthy men don't just drop dead. His family refuted the claim it was down to drugs, but it's been found he at least smoked cannabis that night.

And, to be fair, it was quite sleazy. 2 guys who are in a civil partnership, take a younger male bulgarian up to their room, where Gately's partner locks himself in the room with this bulgarian, whilst Gately, I presume was just waiting his turn.

You really need to read the Charlie Brooker article.
You're boring Fassa.
Everyone knows the Daily Mail is shit, we don't need a fucking thread about it

Quote by sglover34479
Oh look, another pointless thread from fassa..

Aye

Quote by lucertia.
Are you not insulting gays by saying you dislike them?

Also why so interested in UK affairs? Most Americans dont give a shit about other countries affairs.

She's English
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Last edited by BlackLuster at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by aaciseric
You really need to read the Charlie Brooker article.

"Daily Mail is shit, and Jan Moir is a dirty wh0re! look at me, I'm on the majority's side! that must mean I'm right! What? Another 1,000 hits the past 2 hours? Yeah, just transfer it into my bank account".

Charlie Brooker seems like a pompous, band-waggon jumping, 2-dimensional thinker.
Quote by Kyle.E

People need to stop acting like the sun shines out of a celebrity's arse as soon as they drop dead. They were flawed, imperfect, insecure people, like everyone else.

This and people have the right to have what ever views they want and the right to publish them no matter how misinformed and ignorant they are.
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by Kyle.E
Charlie Brooker seems like a pompous, band-waggon jumping, 2-dimensional thinker.
How ironic..

So you didn't see the part about several people dieing every year due to undiagnosed heart conditions?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Last edited by GuyWhoDoesStuff at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Complaining about gay discrimination, is pretty much what this is. Kinda struck me as funny that you'd call attention to it, considering your disapporval and all.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
How ironic..

How witty of you. Seriously, what you said had about as much validation as "no u".
I didnt know who Stephen Gately was untill i heard on the news that he was dead
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
An article calling the death of Stephen Gately 'sleazy' has become the most complained article in media history.

I mean, the poor guy's not even in his grave and Jan Moir (who wrote the article) has shown the Daily Mail to be a refuge for blatant discrimination, defamation and general asshattery.

Daily Mail article

You know that Heil doesn't rhyme with Mail, right?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Kyle.E
How witty of you. Seriously, what you said had about as much validation as "no u".
ok, how about this.

No-one was saying the guy was a saint. It's about how Jan Moir insulted someone who just died based on mainly assumtions and prejudices because of his sexuality, linked it to ANOTHER recent death that had nothing to do with it (Kevin McGee) and then blamed it on "the myth of Civil Partnerships". She's attacking so many people that have done no wrong to her or to anyone.

So are you going to keep defending her now, or what?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
You know that Heil doesn't rhyme with Mail, right?

It's a reference to the fact the Daily Mail supported the Blackshirt Fascists.
they wrote it 4p&mr i imagine
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
It's a reference to the fact the Daily Mail supported the Blackshirt Fascists.

Yeah, whatever, but normally you'd only say "The Daily X is becoming the Daily Y" if X and Y rhyme. That's what makes it clever and funny. If they don't rhyme, it's just kind of silly.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Yeah, whatever, but normally you'd only say "The Daily X is becoming the Daily Y" if X and Y rhyme. That's what makes it clever and funny. If they don't rhyme, it's just kind of silly.

OKay then, how about the Daily Fail?
: Stale...
: Pale...
: Chippendale...
: Vail...
: Impale...
: Fail

And yes, I do realise most of them don't make sense.
St. Mirren F.C
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
*facepalm*

Facepalm'd off of Fassa... my life has hit a new low.
St. Mirren F.C
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by Craigo
Fuck off.

I saw this the other day and whilst it had all sorts of abuse in it, it confused the hell out of me more than anything.

'SEE HE DIDN'T LIVE HIS FULL LIVE THEREFORE WE SHOULD QUESTION CIVIL UNIONS'.

???

I personally thought she meant to say he had internal bleeding from being sodomized. Was that not what she was saying?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
I personally thought she meant to say he had internal bleeding from being sodomized. Was that not what she was saying?

Obviously not. Noob.
Quote by dustyboy316

Page 1 of 2