Dee Dee used Ampeg amps, and Fender P basses. Inspired by Dee Dee, Paul Simonon used Ampegs and P basses as well for the Clash
http://www.rockometer.com/ramones/equipment/snd_bassamps.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dee_Dee_Ramone
Great punk bassists for sure, excellent examples of why the bass should be turned up and be heard!
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Most of the classic punk bass players were Ampeg users. The classic sound of 1970s punk was the P bass and the Ampeg bass. It probably why I still have a soft part of my heart for that combination.

No one would say that Dee Dee was the most technical of bassist; but he was the right bass player for the Ramones. And despite his personal addictions and demons, he was always there for the fans and pretty personable.
Quote by anarkee
Most of the classic punk bass players were Ampeg users. The classic sound of 1970s punk was the P bass and the Ampeg bass. It probably why I still have a soft part of my heart for that combination.

No one would say that Dee Dee was the most technical of bassist; but he was the right bass player for the Ramones. And despite his personal addictions and demons, he was always there for the fans and pretty personable.

tbh i couldnt have put it better myself.

Dee Dee really set the standards for punk as it is today, about every big punk band i have seen live use Ampegs.Grushka has an SVT,Hoppus has an SVT and Chris #2 from Anti Flag is one of the coolest people i met (met him Friday ) and was open and i actually conversed on politics for a little while with him.Also he even admitted his rig was basic compared to many bands but it was his sound that really makes it.

It was an SVT and a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass he was using im sure of it even thouh i was a little drunk
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.