I have tried to get a good sound out of my UX1 POD Studio but I cannot find a sound that isn't really muddy.

Should I get a new sound card? Because all I am using is the sound processor on my motherboard.

Or should I just get a new Audio Interface?

Or should I get both?

Please help.

I have tried getting a good sound, one that is not so muddy, but I cannot find it.

And I am just really a studio recorder now, no playing live so I don't really need a better amp because then I would need to buy a better mic. And I do not have that much money.

Thanks!
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
Before switching hardware, you should try switching software. I found that any line 6 software is pretty weak (gearbox or whatever). Try amplitube, guitar rig 3 or peavey revalver all of them are superior to line 6 software.
what you should do is have two different tones in the recording, if thats what your trying to fix the muddy sound for. in recordings, there are usually always two guitars playing the same riff, or two different ones, depending if there are harmonies or not.

even if there IS only one riff throughout a verse, there should always be two guitar tracks with two different tones.l

what i do, is i put a bassy-er tone on the left, and a more treble on to the right.

if your trying to use it as an amp or something, try messing around with the EQ pedal. that should help a lot too
you're doing something wrong - your onboard soundcard should not even be used once your Line 6 is properly set up as your INPUT and OUTPUT (in Windows control panel too). You should have great sound - it's definitely something in your settings...

Once I had my interfaces properly set up - including plugging my computer sub-woofer system into them - they take over as the soundcard and everything including computer sounds, DVD Playback, etc sounds GREAT.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Oct 18, 2009,
Guitar --> Line 6 --> PC --> line 6 --> speakers

Use the output on your toneport, not your motherfu*cough*board's soundcard

And I recommend you to try www.acmebargig.com's VSTs when you get this working.
Last edited by GisleAune at Oct 18, 2009,