Page 1 of 2
Why is it looked down upon for girls to sleep around? Does having meaningless sex with multiple partners really equal no self respect? How about a girl who goes back to a guy she loves, and has sex with him even though he has screwed her over before and there's a good chance he will again? Is this just as bad? I don't advocate doing any of these things, I was just thinking about this stuff lately, and I feel that there are some unwritten rules in our society that few people care to discuss...Anyway I'm strongly against sleeping around I guess I'm just looking for better arguements for why it's wrong lol. Please leave religion out of this, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate thread, I'll delete it if its not...
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It's not the sleeping around bit. It's the leaving of the kitchen. That makes anyone a *****.

imagine catching your woman in another kitchen, THAT *****!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Craigo
Because of social norms basically.

I find it curious how you mention women and not men.

Good that you brought that up. I didn't mention men simply because in our society (or atleast near where I live), women are usually the only ones to take heat for this kind of behaviour
STD's bra'
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by Craigo
Because of social norms basically.

ya pretty much, for a long time especially in American society women were supposed to be virtuous and virginal, and any woman who wasn't virginal was seen as a ***** and chastised.
I guess what Im trying to say is, I am against girls giving themselves up so easily to men because it puts them in the position where they can be easily taken advantage of in a relationship...and in the future because of past experiences. Basicly they use their bodies as a means for guys to pay attention to them? Ofcourse this backfires.. But then wouldn't the whole letting yourself get whipped around by a select one guy cause the same repercussions? Please prove me wrong for the latter lol
ITT: TS doesnt get any

lol jk
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
i think its stupid how women who are sexually active are looked down on and men who are equally as active are put on a pedestal.
Quote by mtl's_god
Why is it looked down upon for girls to sleep around? Does having meaningless sex with multiple partners really equal no self respect? How about a girl who goes back to a guy she loves, and has sex with him even though he has screwed her over before and there's a good chance he will again? Is this just as bad? I don't advocate doing any of these things, I was just thinking about this stuff lately, and I feel that there are some unwritten rules in our society that few people care to discuss...Anyway I'm strongly against sleeping around I guess I'm just looking for better arguements for why it's wrong lol. Please leave religion out of this, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate thread, I'll delete it if its not...

It's ok because if you take away religion there is no universal standard for right and wrong.
Last edited by Ponyexpress at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by -tempest-
i think its stupid how women who are sexually active are looked down on and men who are equally as active are put on a pedestal.

where I'm from both are treated the same, but there's a difference between being sexually active and sleeping around with everybody. I get why they get called sluts, guys get the same treatment here. Nobody wants to be in a relationsship with somebody that they know will sleep around with others. I think it's called "not wanting to get cheated on"?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Quote by CliffIsAngry
where I'm from both are treated the same, but there's a difference between being sexually active and sleeping around with everybody. I get why they get called sluts, guys get the same treatment here. Nobody wants to be in a relationsship with somebody that they know will sleep around with others. I think it's called "not wanting to get cheated on"?

i didn't say anything about sleeping around. when a guy and a girl have sex an equal amount of times, lets say they have sex frequently, the girl (in the USA) will be called a slut and the guy won't be treated any different than he ever was.

as for you comment about people worried about getting cheated on, i'm sorry but that's life.
its simple really... the more a women acts like a man the more power she exerts over him hence dominance and men don't really like that mmmkay!
I dunno. I try not to look down on people who sleep around. I used to think it was bad, but I thought about it, and I'm getting more used to it.

I'm a really emotional guy, though, so I am looking for a long term relationship. Cheating on someone is, in my eyes, one of the worst things you can do. I can see how an association could be made between having sex a lot and cheating.

I'm fine with someone who sleeps around with a lot of guys. One of my best lady friends is such a person, and I'm fine with it. It's a little weird to me from a personal standpoint, as I'm pretty mucht the opposite way, but to each their own.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by -tempest-
i didn't say anything about sleeping around. when a guy and a girl have sex an equal amount of times, lets say they have sex frequently, the girl (in the USA) will be called a slut and the guy won't be treated any different than he ever was.

as for you comment about people worried about getting cheated on, i'm sorry but that's life.

which is why people tend to stay away from them?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Quote by -tempest-

Where I live we call this a manslut, they are not put on a pedestal whatsoever.
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by mtl's God
Anyway I'm strongly against sleeping around I guess I'm just looking for better arguements for why it's wrong lol

There is no reason why women shouldn't sleep around beyond silly conceptions of 'morality' that are a holdover from puritanism that should and will be dead in a few decades anyway. I would advise you to rid the wheels from your head.

Quote by Ponyexpress
It's ok because if you take away religion there is no universal standard for right and wrong.

If you put religion back in there's still no universal standard of right and wrong.
Quote by Aaron0612
Because everyone is stupid.

This speaks volumes. Really, men and women are horrifically stupid. That's why I don't really have an opinion on this.
Quote by thewho65
This speaks volumes. Really, men and women are horrifically stupid. That's why I don't really have an opinion on this.

+1
Quote by CliffIsAngry
which is why people tend to stay away from them?

because no one likes a cheater/ wants to be cheated on.

EDIT: the post below mine answers it best.

Quote by OlivierF
Where I live we call this a manslut, they are not put on a pedestal whatsoever.

where i live theres no such term, but there should be. Or at leasing people can stop calling women sluts .
Last edited by -tempest- at Oct 18, 2009,
People who cheat on others are selfish and ignorant of everyone else around them hence why they are 'alienated'.
A good community is one built on trust between individuals and sleeping around/ cheating undermines this principle and consequently the community.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by hellbound_jonny
People who cheat on others are selfish and ignorant of everyone else around them hence why they are 'alienated'.
A good community is one built on trust between individuals and sleeping around/ cheating undermines this principle and consequently the community.

+1
Its frowned apon because any girl can be a skank and it annoys us guys. She can be butt ugly, missing teeth and yet if she offers sex to a random guy chances are he'll tap dat ass without a second thought. Guys on the other hand have to be fearsome handsome (like me) with buckets of charm to get as much ass as a skank could.
Quote by Ponyexpress

You're aware that if you believe that God creates what is right and wrong you are essentially saying that there isn't a standard for right and wrong? The only way you can establish a universal right and wrong is by setting up an independent standard which God is also accountable to and separate from. Saying that God creates right and wrong is basically saying that God has subjectively stated what is right and wrong.

Silly billy.
Any guy who calls a girl a slut is a hypocrite. Unless you can honestly say that, given the ability, you wouldn't sleep with lots of chicks, you have no right to call someone a *****. If I could bang a whole bunch of chicks, you bet I would. So what if girls like to have sex?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Well if we look at other species, the male usually tries to spread his seed to as many females as he can, while the female is really picky about who she mates with in order to get the best genes possible for her offspring.

So maybe the whole looking down at sluts just goes way back to our basic instincts...
Because Biologically it is better for a man that a woman he has sex with doesn't have sex with other men, to give him the best chance to reproduce. By making it "immoral" and something to feel guilty about men decrease the chance of women sleeping around. As our society was/is (depending on your viewpoint) a patriarchy, and has been for centuries, men have been able to define cultural norms like it.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Because society still has a ton of sexism in it.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by 20cdndollars
It's just dirty, for me, it's like touching another guy's dick via a vagina.

so you only want sex with virgins?

also i don't like to judge girls for that, it's a personal chioce- even if it may be effected by peronality problems, enjoying attention or nymphomania

however sometimes it just appaers as if they have no self respect, hence why many men will not have respect for them
I have no problem if women decide to have sex with a bunch of different guys. I've done enough of that in the last few years of my life, and I don't regret it. Women want to feel good just like men do, there's nothing wrong with it. Though, I can understand from a relationship standpoint why it might put a man/woman off, with concerns of cheating, STI's, or self-consciousness.

Though society tends to look down on women who sleep around more so because women have always been the ones to portray the home-maker image. The one who stays at home with the kids, tends to the man and child's needs, cooks, cleans, etc. They're portrayed as the submissive gender, men are the dominant. Now, I don't agree with that logic at all, but that's just what society has built up.
Quote by imthehitcher
so you only want sex with virgins?

Preferably, yeah, but being a virgin, I just want the first time to be special, maybe my opinion will change after I lose my v-card.
There is no reason why women shouldn't sleep around beyond silly conceptions of 'morality' that are a holdover from puritanism that should and will be dead in a few decades anyway. I would advise you to rid the wheels from your head.

Oh i forgot to specify teenage girls. Do you have the same opinion when it comes to teens?
Page 1 of 2