hey, im debating between 2 guitars right now. i want a sound like bullet for my valentine, billy talent, avenged sevenfold. thanks a lot. you can recommend me something too.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEBJC1
(schecter blackjack)
OR

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Tempest-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=515866

(schecter tempest custom)
Last edited by Loldemonwar at Oct 20, 2009,
3 words good sir,

Get.
A.
Jackson.

Really, you shouldn't buy a guitar because it has ''Synyster Gates' on it..
Also, budget? Amp?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by LordPino
3 words good sir,

Get.
A.
Jackson.

Also, budget? Amp?

+100000000000000000000
GEAR:

Jackson dk2m

Marshall jcm2000 dsl

Schecter omen6 diamond series

You'll hate yourself for buying the Synyster Gates signature.

Both schecters have necks like baseball bats, and that's fine if you're into that sort of thing.
The ESP is half decent, but I'm just not a fan of ESP's. The Floyds are garbage unless you get an expensive one.

My personal recommendation is Ibanez. They sound decent, play awesome, and are priced well.

EDIT: Jackson is a good choice as well. Jackson and Ibanez are probably the 2 best brands for that sort of thing.
Last edited by enselmis at Oct 18, 2009,
i highly, HIGHLY, recommend the schecter tempest custom. I think that is what you will be the most happy with sound and playabilty wise.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by enselmis
You'll hate yourself for buying the Synyster Gates signature.

Both schecters have necks like baseball bats, and that's fine if you're into that sort of thing.
The ESP is half decent, but I'm just not a fan of ESP's. The Floyds are garbage unless you get an expensive one.

My personal recommendation is Ibanez. They sound decent, play awesome, and are priced well.

EDIT: Jackson is a good choice as well. Jackson and Ibanez are probably the 2 best brands for that sort of thing.

+1
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by LordPino
3 words good sir,

Get.
A.
Jackson.

Also, budget? Amp?

+1000000000000000000000
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
if you want their sound, you' be better off getting their AMP.

I swear to god, people these days need to use their brains every now and then.
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
ya, i figured i was just paying for the name with the synaster guitar. i like the esp, but i think i might have problems playing it, i've never played a v. the tempest is nice but is their something similar with 24 frets?

you guys recommended me a jackson or ibanez, but which one lol? thanks for the reply's.

edit: oh ya, my budget is around 600$, new.
Last edited by Loldemonwar at Oct 18, 2009,
What's your amp?

And IMO a Schecters neck doesn't feel that thick, it feels around the same as a fenders neck.
be careful when getting signature guitars. they are usually just small changes on regular designs. but who knows? go to a store and play them before you decide.
Even as a massive A7X fan, I would never get the Synyster Standard, its bolt on and has a rubbish FR.

Schecter C-1 FR or Blackjack.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Even as a massive A7X fan, I would never get the Synyster Standard, its bolt on and has a rubbish FR.

Schecter C-1 FR or Blackjack.

What's wrong with bolt on
Quote by darkcheef

there's a stigma that bolt-on necks are inferior to set necks or neck-thru guitars. don't understand why they would think that. plenty of bolt-on neck guitars have great sustain and feel.
Quote by darkcheef

It's likely a cheap bolt on, and not an amazing Ibanez/Jackson/Fender high end bolt on, at that price.

I just prefer set necks, would love a Tele though.
A proper bolt on actually has more sustain that a neck through, but they still have the big heel.

On topic, Jackson RR3
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

thanks a lot for the replies guys. im now thinking about the schecter blackjack as EndTheRapture51 said. how is it?
not a bad guitar, but like with all guitars, you should try it before you buy it. Guitar center is pretty heavy on schecters so you should have no trouble finding one to buy there. or check craigslist to see if anyone near you is selling
What's your amp?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Matt Tuck Rhoads lol
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze