Hey,my friend broke his arm yesterday from playing basketball.
He has played guitar for 2 months now for like 2-3hours a day (me and him want to start a band as soon as possible)and he won't be able to practice for 1 month.

He is now worried that he will have to start all over again.

Is this true you think?
he wouldn`t of forgotten much if anything....when the cast comes off and he starts playing again take it slow for a couple of weeks until the muscle has built back up..
He won't forget anything. Take it easy for about a week after it's healed.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
He could always keep practicing the other arm. Like if he broke his picking arm, then keep practicing the fretting one, and vice versa. Or he could take that time to focus on his theory.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I hope he won't cuz it would be really stupid and could completely demotivate him.
he can always do one hand excersises depending on which arm he broke...either legatto, or just practice picking like string skipping.
Quote by SunDrop
he can always do one hand excersises depending on which arm he broke...either legatto, or just practice picking like string skipping.

He can't do that with his arm and just picking strings would be really boring after a while I think.

As long as he don't lose any technique in his left hand(cuz he practiced almost just chords).
Quote by zorbozate
NO PROBLEM........ check out ALEXI LAIHO!!

so true.

And no, he won't have to start over. I'm sure he's not very technically accomplished by now anyway (since he's only been playing a couple of months) so there's nothing to worry about. I shattered my wrist last year, couldn't play for 4 months. But I did all the physical therapy exercises to strengthen my hand and within a couple of weeks of playing, I was pretty much back to where I was. Just tell him to do all the physical therapy.
Dave Mustaine once though his career was over, James Hetfield had to stop playing guitar for at least a month after his pyro accident.

They're both still doing fine.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dave Mustaine once though his career was over, James Hetfield had to stop playing guitar for at least a month after his pyro accident.

They're both still doing fine.

Les Paul almost had his arm amputated after a car crash and was unable to play for months. I'm pretty sure he did fine afterwords as well.

Perhaps your friend could use the down time to memorize the notes on the neck or something?