Alright, so i am needing a new amp ( look at my sig). It must be exact or very close to the brown sound, my all time favorite tone. Here are some requirements:

At least two different channels, foot switch compatible.
Must be able to receive my floor pod well.
Must be a decent size, i don't have room for a cab and head, unfortunately Only for bedroom practice, so not a crazy amount of watts
Names dont bother me, and i can go used as long it is in perfect condition sound wise, cosmetically i don't really care
Oh, and i can save up for whatever it takes, even if i have to wait 30 years to get it, it doesnt matter, but cheap is good too .

So you can obviously tell i want the brown sound, what should i get?
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
I live in a tourist town ( not gonna give exact location, sorry) craigslist has almost nothing on it, and i have no music stor for about 2 hours so it would have to be tried out 2 hours away, and then i could buy that one or buy it online

Oh, and for a pretty good recreation of the BS ( Brown Sound, haha i said bs) go to youtube and look up ednerd. almost perfect
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
EVH 5150
lolololololloloololololollo

but srrsly, Randall RM50 w/ Modded BROWN Module
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ooooo, i like that pedal sound. but what exact type of amp would be good if i got the pedal?
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
^ Why was the 5150 not serious?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
^ Why was the 5150 not serious?

it wont sound like Eddie's legendary brown sound.

during his peavey years he uses a gutted out 5150 and inside it is his modded Marshall (or was it his Soldano) guts
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
oh sorry, yeah i live in america.
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
i have a strat w a duncan distortion bucker through a 5150 combo and love it. i too love vh and am happy w my tone! im getting a compressor and phase pedal soon so i think it will help!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
For bedroom practice you may be better off looking at recreating the brown sound with a pedal or something like that. Modified marshal plexi would start to get you close to Eddie's tone but it would be way too loud for home use.
If it's for home use, you really need a modeling amp. Valvetronix, Vyper.

For live use in a band, you need a Marshall JCM 800 or a JVM and a cab.
Maybe look into the Ceritone 18w kits? Like Stujomo said, you'd need to dime a vintage Marshall to get near Eddie's brown sound. If you ever become obsessed and extremely serious with trying to get the brown sound, head over to the Metroamp forums. They have a forum dedicated to EVH, they could definitely get you on track.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Last edited by Shiromar at Oct 18, 2009,
Get a Seymour Duncan 59 and JB, make a hybrid, use it in the bridge position through a Marshall voiced amp. I'd recommend the Randall RM50 with the Brown module for your gain, but they don't play well with POD's, mostly because they sound damn amazing without them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores