I'm trying to arrange the song Seize the day by Avenged Sevenfold for classical guitar.

So I am trying to figure out the notes that M shadows is singing and I can normally figure out what the notes/chords are in a song but I have had no experience figuring out the vocal melody on guitar and i'm beginning to become a little discouraged.

So what are some tricks or tips I could use when figuring out vocal melodies?

I'm also curious as to why/how there is a G Major instead of an G minor in the song if the song is in the key of D minor. The iv chord of a minor scale is minor *shrugs*

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...ay_ver2_crd.htm

There are the chords for the song.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I'm also curious as to why/how there is a G Major instead of an G minor in the song if the song is in the key of D minor. The iv chord of a minor scale is minor *shrugs*

That would be called modal mixture, where chords from parallel modes are borrowed.

If the vocal melody follows the chords then chords tones would be a good place to start figuring it out. It's just like learning a song by ear so just keep hacking away at it until you get it right.
the notes of a key arent set in stone. you can have chromatic or passing notes. Not all vocal melodies are copyable on even tempered instrument. Try playing iwth a slide for the getting the inbetween notes
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by pwrmax
That would be called modal mixture, where chords from parallel modes are borrowed.

If the vocal melody follows the chords then chords tones would be a good place to start figuring it out. It's just like learning a song by ear so just keep hacking away at it until you get it right.

Ah I see, i'm sure i'll learn about that future into my theory classes thanks.

Would I have any idea if the melody follows the chords?