Hey guys im looking into something for computer-guitar interface and I've decided I want some sort of POD.

I cant find a list of amps and effects for the XT Pro; but is it better and more versatile than the x3?

And I cant get a Vetta II or anything like that; budget is like $400'

Any help and info would be appreciated.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
The pro is the same as the regular, just in a rack format. I would go with the X3 my teacher has both and it blows the XT out of the water. Im actrually saving up for one myself.
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3
If you're only using it for computer-guitar interface, you might as well just buy a TonePort and save yourself A LOT of money. It can basically do everything the x3 can do, it's just not all footswitchable.

The x3 has all the model packs that you have to pay for on the XT, plus the ability to use two at once like the Vetta. It also has mic inputs if I'm not mistaken and since it also has all the expansion packs, it's great for bass as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
im gonna get the x3 then.

ive tried toneport and didnt really like it that much. plus x3 i could play with live as well.

i dont want solely recording per se; but something that does the job well.

im gonna go with the x3 most likely
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Before you go and make a desicion I suggest you look at the Boss GT10, they own the POD series IMO
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Its $100 more plus the POD x3 has exactly the amp models i want
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
okay, go for it.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
oh i see now. i didnt know there were pod lives.

ill check all of it out soon enough.

i mean im not buying until like jan or dec; so ill look at it.

i only think my local shop has a gt8 though; no gt10s...
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Don't go off the GT8 the 10 is much much better. better amp's better effects better period
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
does it have mesa, diezel, bogner, cornford, soldano and engl presets?

or a roland jc-120 preset for cleans?

im sure the boss has all the marshall and fender amps; those seem to be copied everywhere Bassman, Tweed, Super Lead, Twin Deluxe, etc.

i just really admire all of those first presets i mentioned and they are present in the pods
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Gimme a second
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
From what I'm reading yes it does.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
didn't like the GT10 much, I think it sounds much more digital then the POD
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3