I'm 99% sure there is a thread like this already but since I'm lazy and in need of specifications I'm making a new one.

I have a Gibson Money Maker bass with original (I think) Humbucker pickups which I want to change to Music Man pickups. My question is: is it possible? I'v seen that they have kind of the same structure so would it fit, would it sound good, and can it be done fairly easy?
I really enjoy the sound of Music Man but still really like my Gibson bass so it would be great if it was possible.

Thanks
/Emil
They are sort of similarly-sized, but I think the humbucking pickups may require routing out the guitar some. Otherwise the wiring will be different (two leads as opposed to one), but not terribly complicated.

Does Seymour Duncan or anyone else make a humbucker that size? Or even a stacked version of the Gibby pickup?
Ok so it is possible at least, but how do you think the sound would be? It's not like the Music Man sound would change because of the wood or something in a Gibson bass?
Don't bump your threads like this. 1 a day is plenty. This isn't the pit. You'll actually have to wait for a reply.

Yes it's possible. Yes it'll sound a bit different.

I'm 99% sure there is a thread like this already but since I'm lazy and in need of specifications I'm making a new one.

And people wonder why we get pissy and impatient sometimes. There's a new 'what pups' thread at least 4 times a day. That's no exaggeration.