So.. Let's say there's a guitar out there which you played and felt really comfortable with.. Let's say it was a Jackson SLSMG Super Lightweight.

But they don't do the colour you want (SHOCK HORROR)

But the colour you DO want is used on another guitar they sell - which you have no interest in.

Is it possible to order a guitar through the company, asking for one in this colour? Or is it considered custom and they charge you a shit-ton to do it?

Also, colour is a correct spelling you wanker, Google Toolbar.
You could get someone to repaint it for you, some guitar shops even offer repaints.
Quote by darkcheef
You could get someone to repaint it for you, some guitar shops even offer repaints.

I suppose.. But I'd rather not just in case anything would go wrong :/
People do refinishes all the time. If you take it to a reputable shop to have it done you can rest assured that they'll take care of your baby.

I like the silverburst better as well.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I suppose.. But I'd rather not just in case anything would go wrong :/

If something goes wrong with the paint, you just sand off again and start over.
Well, unless it's a stain or dye, in which case once you've put it on you're screwed and can't fix it unless you just go over with a solid colour.

Anyway, depends on the company. Some (often the smaller) companies will make any of their guitars in any of their finishes; others won't make anything custom at all. A custom repaint is always an option but if you get it done professionally, it will cost a couple of hundred and depending on the nature of the finish it could take months to be done; if it's a more simple finish, you could do it yourself but obviously be aware that getting a top-quality finish takes time, effort and a lot of practise, so your first few efforts will probably look very scrappy.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.