I want to get a blackstar ht-5 head, but im not sure if the 1x10 minicab will be enough. will having a bigger cab, like a 2x12 cab, make it louder? and will any cab connect to it? Or is there a certain wattage or ohm number i need?
Quote by ghostnineone
i got my guitar caught in my ceiling fan today

guitars fine though
you need a cab that has the same ohm rating as your amp, and one that can handle the amount of watts of you amp, seeing as you're using a ht-5 you should have no problem
Quote by Bobinedefil
I want to get a blackstar ht-5 head, but im not sure if the 1x10 minicab will be enough. will having a bigger cab, like a 2x12 cab, make it louder? and will any cab connect to it? Or is there a certain wattage or ohm number i need?

You can use 4, 8 and 16 ohm speakers with this amp. You just have to know how to wire them (series or parallel). It isn't hard.
If you buy a 212 it will most likely be wired up already but you guys are on the right track. A 212 will be slightly louder and the 12 inch speakers will have more bass response. I'd do it.

I played the Blackstar mini stack with the 2 - 1x10 cabs and liked it a lot. Pretty sexy amp.
So will i be able to connect a 2x12 cab to the head? What should the impedance be? I want to get the Blackstar Artisan A212 120W 2x12 and it says it has

"Impedance: Stereo – 2 x 16 Ohms. Mono – 8 Ohms. Selectable by input jack."
will i be able to connect the head and cab?
Quote by ghostnineone
i got my guitar caught in my ceiling fan today

guitars fine though
2 - 16 ohm outputs effectively yields 8 ohms. So if you find a cab that is wired for stereo and each jack is rated at 16 then you should be fine. Alternately, if you ran in mono then you would want a 8 ohm cab.

Check your craigslist and also look into Avatar cabs. Good luck.