I was wondering how versatile is the Jackson Soloist SL3, i play stuff from bands such as death to bands like Clutch and everything inbetween. Ive had my eye on it for quite some time, though there are no jackson dealers near where i live so this is pretty much why im asking.

Thanks in advance.
Teh Gear

333XL + Orange 2x12 Open Back Cab
- MXR Micro Chorus
>Memory Boy
> MXR Carbon Copy
>Q-Tron +
Into effects loop
- Bad Monkey> Boss TU 3 In front of amp
- BC Rich Exotic Mockingbird
It would be a little more versatile in a HSH config, because coil shunting is a lot easier than routing for a second humbucker, but other than that it would be difficult to find a more versatile guitar than this.
The SL3 is a beautiful guitar, but I think the SL 1 is more versatile. You can get a wider variety of sounds from the H-S-S configuration. Also, the SL 1 is made in America, while the SL3 is made in Japan. I own the SL-1's cousin, the SL2H and I love it- the build quality is incredible.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
The SL3 is a great guitar. Basically on the level of the American-made Soloists, and have quite nice FR's and pickups (though I wouldn't have used Hot Rails in the neck position).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Wait a sec-

TS do you want the SL3 or the SLS 3?

I thought you wanted the SLS 3 for some reason...

the SL 3, as oneblackened said, is a great guitar for the money. It is lacking some of the features of the higher end SL 1 model, but at the end of the day they are both super strats with neck thru construction...and the build quality is excellent for the price.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL