Im thinking of getting a new amp soon because im using a line 6 spider II at the minute.

Im not all together sure what kind of amp i want so therefore my first question is what sort of amp would you recommend for me? I play metal and sometimes blues and my guitars are a jackson kv and a squire strat.

Secondly, will i need to invest in any pedals to get a good distorted sound from the amp?
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
i had a spider II and i switched it for a Orange Crush 30w... But thats not so good for metal unless you get a pedal. The orange crush is really my favorite solid state amp ever though =D

I would recommend a Roland cube, or a cheap tube amp.
GEAR

Guitars
Danelectro Double Cutaway 1959 reissue, Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat

Pedals
Danelectro Reel Echo, Crybaby Wah, Boss DS-1

Amplifiers
Orange Crush 30w
Fender Pro Junior
Quote by Demonikk
Budget, gigging/bedroom etc?

Well for now its just for jamming. And id say my budget is in and around £300, maybe up tp 350.
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
Quote by trivium036
Well for now its just for jamming. And id say my budget is in and around £300, maybe up tp 350.

I'd say a Blackstar HT-5 and a Tubescreamer to push it. If you see yourself gigging in the future, then I'd grab a Peavey Valveking
ohai little sig.
what type of metal and what type of blues?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of metal and what type of blues?

I dont really play any individual sub genre of metal, iron maiden to deicide.
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
ok doke... up to you, really. one of the cheaper, versatile tube amps (e.g peavey valveking, randall rg50tc, maybe one of the bugeras (but i haven't tried the bugeras), or one of the better modellers...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?