I'm finding my Ibanez really annoying now to tune, it's set up for Eb tuning and it wont stay in tune it's soooo annoying. I'm probably gonna trade it since I got it really cheap so any ideas what I should get? I play litrelly tons of music and I prefer Humbucker guitars.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Budget, music styles, and any shapes you like in particular?

May I suggest the Ibanez RG series, or the Ibanez S series? Maybe a J-Custom?

I'm just messing with you but I can't really suggest much until I know the above.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
What kind of Ibanez did you get that doesn't have humbuckers? (Wonders if it's an Andy Timmons sig)
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I never said it didn't have Humbuckers lol, it's an RG1570. I usually Play Tokai LP's and Telecasters. I dunno what the budget is cause I gotta get it valued but they sell new for about £750 (?) so I'm guessing I could get about £500 - £550 for it. The trade ins at my local music shop are pretty good.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

I mean wh at bands do yo like to play
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Get it set up?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by ch0
What kind of Ibanez did you get that doesn't have humbuckers? (Wonders if it's an Andy Timmons sig)

Andy timmons' sig is H-S-S isnt it? anyway do you have a floyd currently? perhaps all you need is a proper set up.

Edit: you have an ibanez prestige? ya get a proper set up seriously, fantastic guitar.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Oct 18, 2009,
I just looked up the guitar you have. You don't need a new guitar. What you need to do is go to your local shop and have them do a proper setup for you. The 1575 Prestige is a wonderful guitar with a powerful tremolo when it is properly setup. It even has humbuckers.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by stephen_rettie
Andy timmons' sig is H-S-S isnt it?
Just Googled that. I'm gonna go face-palm now, excuse me.

To the TS: The 1570 is a very good guitar. If it's not staying in tune there must be something very wrong with how it's set up.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
It even has humbuckers.

I know it has humbuckers lol. It's just where I've played LP's and Tele's I've gotten used to the fact you can tune quickly. I know it has an awesome sound my it just isn't practical for me (should of thought of the before buying it).

I play Paramore, G'N'R, Fightstar, Queen, Alter Bridge, Manic Street Preachers, Goo Goo Dolls, Shinedown.

Quote by Tokai09
I know it has humbuckers lol. It's just where I've played LP's and Tele's I've gotten used to the fact you can tune quickly. I know it has an awesome sound my it just isn't practical for me (should of thought of the before buying it).

I play Paramore, G'N'R, Fightstar, Queen, Alter Bridge, Manic Street Preachers, Goo Goo Dolls, Shinedown.

if you dont like the trem then block it or get a tremel-no
Quote by stephen_rettie
if you dont like the trem then block it or get a tremel-no

Yeah but that would cost more money where I could trade it in and get my money back on it (not litrelly) or get more cause I only paid £500 for it.

Zach Myers from Shinedown uses PRS, so, get a PRS?
Quote by Marty Friedman
If you like the neck, check out the RGA121 or FR1620, they're steals on GAK, just price match it.
Quote by Tokai09
Yeah but that would cost more money where I could trade it in and get my money back on it (not litrelly) or get more cause I only paid £500 for it.

blocking requires a piece of wood....
and a tremel-no is like 50 quid.
is it just tuning stability you have a problem with?
Quote by stephen_rettie
blocking requires a piece of wood....
and a tremel-no is like 50 quid.
is it just tuning stability you have a problem with?

Pretty much, it just wont stay in tune at all, I was practicing the other day, I put it in my case where it was in tune, took it out and it had gone quite a bit out and this was in it's hard shell case.

I'm looking at Burny's though, they look pretty awesome and apparently sound great.

If your guitar is going out of tune, the most likely cause is that you're not restringing it properly. Even £60 pile of crap plywoold Strat copies from Argos will stay in tune if they're set-up, taken care of and restrung properly. There is a guide how to set up and restring your guitar correctly stickied at the top of this forum.

Also, you're not going to get as much back on your guitar as you think you are. When you trade in to a store, you usually get between 1/4 and 1/3 of the new price, depending on the age, condition, rarity and demand for the guitar. If you sell it outright yourself on the second hand market (like in Trade It or eBay) you can usually get just over half of the current new online price.

Anyway, from the sound of what you say you play, something like a Thinline Telecaster, Les Paul Standard, SG Standard, Firebird Studio, or similar double humbucker, warm-bodied guitar will be what you want. It also doesn't sound like you use the vibrato much, if those bands are any indication then you'll be best off with a hardtail bridge. Just FYI, Paramore's Josh Farro uses a custom made Fender Thinline Telecaster that was made to look and sound as close to his favourite guitar - a Les Paul Goldtop based off of the one Slash used in the later GNR days - but with some of the added 'cutting' tone that Telecasters have (due to the bolt-on neck and brighter wood combinations). So if you're naming Paramore and Guns N Roses, something like that is probably what you should be aiming for.

EDIT: as it so happens I'm a huge nerd for Paramore, I'm even sitting here with my own Paramore-themed Telecaster sat in my lap, so if you are after that kind of pop-punk-rock sound with a side order of GNR, I'll get yer sorted.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Tokai09
Pretty much, it just wont stay in tune at all, I was practicing the other day, I put it in my case where it was in tune, took it out and it had gone quite a bit out and this was in it's hard shell case.

I'm looking at Burny's though, they look pretty awesome and apparently sound great.

seriously if its just the tuning get it setup, we arent bullshitting you, thats a great guitar with a great trem.
Quote by stephen_rettie
seriously if its just the tuning get it setup, we arent bullshitting you, thats a great guitar with a great trem.

Nah dw I know you're not bullshitting me cause you obivously know your stuff about these guitars but I just don't think it really suits me in genral and I was pretty let down by it since I wanted an Ibanez for quite a while and plus I really do love the sound of an LP. But I'll give it more thought.

IF you only have problems with tuning stability, jsut send it to a professional luthier and have it set up
You shouldnt waste money like you want, becasue after you do youll notice it wont grow back on trees
I used to have the same guitar, it's a terrific guitar, and mine never had any tuning problems. if you're having problems with the Ibanez 1570, then it's not set up properly, or there's something wrong with the neck.
If you don't like the tremolo, just get a block of wood and insert it where the springs are. problem solved, and you get to keep a kickass guitar.
So if I got the trem blocked off would I be able to switch to switch tunings like a LP?

yup, then just set the fine-tuners on the tremolo to a neutral position and take the locking nuts off. my take a little bit of trying around to get the right wood size, but once you have it the tuning's gonna be tighter than buttocks from that chick Obama was caught looking at.

Can I keep the locking tuners on so it stays in tune better?

Quote by Tokai09
Not really much point. Just keep the locking portion of the nuts off so you can change the tunings easier.
Quote by Marty Friedman
get a ibby without a trem, maybe 1 with a tight end or gibratar (plus) bridge.

personally i think it`s you that can`t keep the guitar in tune. `cos you don`t know how to set it up.....
Quote by Tokai09

yes. there are quite a few guitars with fixed bridges that have locking tuners.
I'd go for a Jackson Dinky or a higher end Epi les paul. Ibanez's floyd knockoff s made of tinfoil, and the pups are soooo weak...
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Oct 18, 2009,
don't sell your ibanez,

there are plenty of good medium priced guitars that you can get.

but if you really don't like it and think you can get a good deal with a trade in, go for it.
Quote by IronMaiden76
I'd go for a Jackson Dinky or a higher end Epi les paul. Ibanez's floyd knockoff s made of tinfoil, and the pups are soooo weak...

only the edge 3 is bad, if you dont know what your talking about then don't answer.
Quote by IronMaiden76

I'm just gonna go ahead and report this, this is so completely not true.

Do not reply if you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by IronMaiden76
The Edge III and Lo-Trs trems are junk. Other than that Ibanez makes some of the better trems available.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by IronMaiden76

definatly wouldn`t go for a jackson given their build quality, yes i`m talking from experience.
I swapped my Ibanez for an ESP LTD... I'm very pleased now.
I also prefer humbuckers.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease