which is better, the Line 6 POD X3 Live, or the Digitech RP1000.
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
I heard that some guy tried the RP1000, but didn`t understand it properly and because the RP 500 was way cheaper and had about the same functions and quality he bough that one.
But Steve Wilson from Porcupine Tree uses the POD (I thought) and I saw him this monday live, and it was more than amazing.

But the best advise:

Just try them both and compare!
awesome! thanks
Have:
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
The X3 sounds awesome, all of the effects and amp models are great. As with the Digitech one, I've never tried it, but I've used other Digitech products and I really don't like the sounds they produce, they sound too digital, while the X3 sounds more realistic.

The only thing I don't like about the X3 (and I think every multi effects pedal has this problem) is that it sucks live, the bass frequencies dissapear and the whole thing just sounds bad.
Quote by cedaguol
The only thing I don't like about the X3 (and I think every multi effects pedal has this problem) is that it sucks live, the bass frequencies dissapear and the whole thing just sounds bad.

would an EQ pedal possibly fix that?
Have:
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
Quote by supersolus666
would an EQ pedal possibly fix that?

Well I guess you could try. The guitar player of my band has a X3 and he hasn't managed to get a really good sound out of it live. I guess there's nothing better than the sound of a true amp.

Maybe if you care more about delays and reverbs and other stuff and don't use distortion that much then you'll be ok, but my band plays metal and the tone of the X3 is not the best.
The RP1000 has two loops that the RP500 doesn't have. I had an X3 Live and it was a good unit, but I've heard good things about the RP1000. I doubt that the tone of either one is significantly better than the other so I'd spend time checking out the feature list. The X3 doesn't have an Intelligent Pitch Shifter. Not sure about the RP1000. The Pod series is tried and true wrt getting metal tones, so that might be a factor.
The X3 is serviceable, not spectacular. Haven't played the RP1000.

If you can afford it, get the AxeFx from Fractal Audio - the ultimate amp modeler/effects unit that is lightyears ahead of anything by digitech or line6, and will be useful for your entire guitar playing career.
I've played both...and I liked the RP1000 better. both are good though...and I think the Digitech is on sale right now at Musicians Friend.
If you have a good amp, get the Line 6 M13. It's just the effects, no amp modelling.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments