I have a Jackson JS30 RR, and I want to change the pickups. So I have a few questions:

1. What pickups are good for hard rock/metal? (Iron Maiden, Randy Rhoads, Metallica)

2. If I take my guitar to Guitar Center, will they swap the pickups?

3. If #2 is Yes, would they have any problem swapping the pickups on a guitar that has pickup covers?

Thanks.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
What amp do you have?

And don't take it to GC, they are unreliable and take forever while over chargging you.
Quote by darkcheef
What amp do you have?

And don't take it to GC, they are unreliable and take forever while over chargging you.

A 25W Peavey Vypyr. To be honest I don't like it much. I never use any of the effects on it, and I can never get a good tone out of it. Not to mention that only after a couple months it just randomly dies, and the volume gets messed up.
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
Quote by Livewire8195
A 25W Peavey Vypyr. To be honest I don't like it much. I never use any of the effects on it, and I can never get a good tone out of it. Not to mention that only after a couple months it just randomly dies, and the volume gets messed up.

in that case, might i suggest a new amp first? with a modeling amp, you're not really gonna notice much of a difference with different pickups.

and yeah, don't take it to GC, soldering really isn't that complicated
Quote by mashizz
in that case, might i suggest a new amp first? with a modeling amp, you're not really gonna notice much of a difference with different pickups.

What kind of amp should I get then?
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
Quote by Livewire8195
What kind of amp should I get then?

peavey 6505
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Take a look at some budget tube amp like Blackheart Little Giant, VOX AC4TV, Epiphone Valve Junior, Laney AC15/LC15, Blackstar HT-5.

Those amps plus a few pedals of your favourites will probably make you happy.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I own a JS30KV myself and I agree with the amp thing. but those stock pickups REALLY suck, get new pickups and then new amp..

I'd recommend you the D-Sonic/Air Norton set

maybe a JB/'59 set
Last edited by IHeartMyCrybaby at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by hminh87
Take a look at some budget tube amp like Blackheart Little Giant, VOX AC4TV, Epiphone Valve Junior, Laney AC15/LC15, Blackstar HT-5.

Those amps plus a few pedals of your favourites will probably make you happy.

Thanks. I'll check those out. I do have a BOSS distortion pedal, but since I have this modeling amp, I can't really use it.

Still need some suggestions on pickups though.
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
I've been checking out a those amps you've suggested, and I think I might look into buying the VOX AC4TV. With a distortion pedal, it'll probably be an awesome amp.
Quote by U-neek

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M