Page 1 of 2
So physical attraction is a big part of human relationships (people like attractive people). What is more nuanced is what people find as "attractive". It's pretty commonly accepted (at least with American men) that we like curves and breasts and butt (T&A; ba-booms and bang). All that stuff. Sure men will have individual preferences and tastes but general trends of what men find attractive exist.

What I find even more elusive to generalize is what physically attracts women... Is physical attraction as big a deal for women? What are some of the general trends of attraction that exist? Or is it less definable?

I guess where I'm going with this is:
ladies- answer the question, provide input or insight (tanned and muscular or pale and lanky?) Why? What about ladies' preferences on a larger scale?
guys- respond or react...

Maybe this will reveal the different approaches to physicality between genders (or maybe it will finally reveal that there really aren't any females on UG)
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Apparently they don't like shy, pale, thin, depressing alcoholics.

EDIT: Oh wait, most of those weren't physical characteristics.
But I'd say someone like George Clooney might be attractive to most women. Perhaps.
Last edited by Miniskirt at Oct 18, 2009,
there are a few fems on UG, but not too many. i just like a girl that has a cute face. tit/butt isnt a big prob too me. as long as she isnt a really big girl. a little on the hefty side is alright with me. i mean, im like 250 and 5ft8. so i really cant be too picky right? lol
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Generally they dont like pale guys fat or skinny who have no social skills.

They like relatively sunned guys who have a decent physique who can actually hold a conversation and take care of themselves.

And there are females...you obviously just dont know how to find them.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

^^hahaha, so bloody true.

considering sigging that...
Quote by B4Dkarma

Quote by pistols
^^hahaha, so bloody true.

considering sigging that...

do it. make my night.

EDIT: assuming you meant me
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
I'm 16, 5'10", and 165 lbs.

I workout some but I'm not ripped and very few girls are attracted to me.

Ass and tits aren't a big factor to me. I'm usually looking at your faces or eyes.
Last edited by StringAssassin at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by B4Dkarma

This.
Quote by B4Dkarma

In my experience, there's alot of truth to this... I'm assuming some kind of inbuilt hatred for people who are more likely to pass on their DNA than you, so that you avoid them and females don't have the comparison, or so that you kill them, thereby eliminating competition in the race to reproduce.

Also, chicks dig murderers. Fact.

Edit: Also, ^. Then again, I've had numerous ladies tell me that, so it could be devilry.
Quote by rigiddigits
Well I'm a girl and I don't want to die so I guess I'll have to choose to be raped.

Nobody sig that

Check out my gaming blog, Zombie Arcade
Last edited by troubletcat at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by B4Dkarma
do it. make my night.

EDIT: assuming you meant me

i did mean you. and i think i will...if i can remember how. haven't changed my sig in ages.
Quote by B4Dkarma

Quote by troubletcat
In my experience, there's alot of truth to this... I'm assuming some kind of inbuilt hatred for people who are more likely to pass on their DNA than you, so that you avoid them and females don't have the comparison, or so that you kill them, thereby eliminating competition in the race to reproduce.

Also, chicks dig murderers. Fact.

The playground of the world
I think alot of girls / women take personality in as high as looks whereas generally men go for looks over personality
these douche bags don't seem quite as 'douchy' as everyone says since they're the ones that are slaying le vag. me? i'm 6ft, ripped, tan, sweedish, kind, caring, good singer, poet, own several puppies, work at the homeless shelter, work in a big brother type program,
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
I find that more than anything, girls like confidence.

Hell, people like confidence.

However there is a fine line between confidence and trying too hard.
Quote by StringAssassin
I'm 16, 5'10", and 165 lbs.

I workout some but I'm not ripped and very few girls are attracted to me.

Ass and tits aren't a big factor to me. I'm usually looking at your faces or eyes.

That's why, they think you're gay.

Women aren't really attracted to your body, as you just proved, they like confidence. If you know what you want and go out and get it, they find that really sexy.

That said, women aren't especially deep; looks do count.

Quote by WastedxYears

That's not really confidence then, is it? More like acting.
Last edited by ticklemeemo at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by speakers
these douche bags don't seem quite as 'douchy' as everyone says since they're the ones that are slaying le vag. me? i'm 6ft, ripped, tan, sweedish, kind, caring, good singer, poet, own several puppies, work at the homeless shelter, work in a big brother type program,

This

Quote by WastedxYears

with a hint of this
It isn't really the same for every girl; I mean, my ex really liked how thin I was (I was down to the point of actually having feminine curves.... I have strangely female hips.... don't judge me).... then again, she's bi, so I'm not sure if she would be the best way to judge.

/unhelpful
girls are *****s
Quote by B4Dkarma

I am decent looking but I am not confiden at all with girls and I find it hard to hold a conversation, oh well theres always internet dating.....
Quote by StringAssassin

Srsly guys, don't tell her you are into the face and all, she wants you to like her body. Women do that dumb thing where:

You: "I think your face is your best feature."

Her: "So, you don't like my body?"

Be like: "Hey baby, nice tits." But in a less douchey way.
Physical attraction (to an extent) can be overlooked when an undeniable connection is there. This is my experience.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Quote by deucedeucemr2
girls are *****s

So.

Enjoyin that cock are ya?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I have heard from a few girls that personality is kind of a deal breaker, if they meet a gorgeous guy, but he turns out to be a complete prick, then it makes him seem less attractive.

Really, girls like a guy with confidence and sense of humour (at least, the ones who are somewhat fun to be with), i also like to think they like a quirky sort of guy, because when i come out with odd things, they seem to like it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Ok glad to come back and see that this thread has lived at least a little.

A lot of people are mentioning other factors besides physical ones... sense of humor, personality, etc.
So I'm getting the sense (from your responses) that physical attraction is somewhat less of a factor from girls to guys than it is guys to girls.

Thanks for your responses and for taking this seriously (more or less).
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
Ok glad to come back and see that this thread has lived at least a little.

A lot of people are mentioning other factors besides physical ones... sense of humor, personality, etc.
So I'm getting the sense (from your responses) that physical attraction is somewhat less of a factor from girls to guys than it is guys to girls.

Thanks for your responses and for taking this seriously (more or less).

Well its never that black and white, it varies from person to person, some girls are extremely shallow, so are some guys, but at the same time you get people who don't care about looks, or there are those times where a girl or guy who will go for someone who isn't their type because of a whole bunch of other redeeming qualities, or that odd occasion where two friends of opposite sexes build up an attraction and attatchment through being friends for so long.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
My opinion is that most girls are similar to us guys. We come for the looks, but they need to have a good personality for the long run. Its way more likely for a girl to like an attractive guy that can hold a conversation instead of an ugly guy with a great personality
Quote by donender
Well its never that black and white, it varies from person to person, some girls are extremely shallow, so are some guys, but at the same time you get people who don't care about looks, or there are those times where a girl or guy who will go for someone who isn't their type because of a whole bunch of other redeeming qualities, or that odd occasion where two friends of opposite sexes build up an attraction and attatchment through being friends for so long.

Yes, I'm just referring to common trends.
But you are right, it is more nuanced; personal preference is definitely a factor for everyone regardless of gender.
AROUND THE WORLD

I love how men are sitting around in this thread saying how they know what women like....
Quote by DaFizzle
Periods are only a myth made up by woman to have more things to cry about, its the same with birth pains. Because i imagine its like having a shite and i quite enjoy turding.

Quote by SoftParade1967
subway?
Quote by Exo M7
he needs a ride not a sandwich ****ing retard
From what a number of girls have told me, your personality will affect your physical attraction to them. If your a 6 looks wise, but you have a 10 in personality, you could be from a 6 to a 9 overall depending on the girl
Quote by SymereusISBack
I love how men are sitting around in this thread saying how they know what women like....

Well this is UG, so it was a long shot that I would actually get females to respond to this thread.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by rage24684
From what a number of girls have told me, your personality will affect your physical attraction to them. If your a 6 looks wise, but you have a 10 in personality, you could be from a 6 to a 9 overall depending on the girl

isn't that the same with guys? Or are they all just shallow...???
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Quote by speakers

I want you in me.
I AGREE
Page 1 of 2