ok so i bought a new strat at a sick deal... it needs some work.. the body and paint finish is perfect... there is rust issues that is bothering me... on the bridge sections there is rust... i cleaned off some with WD-40 and a good amount came off... i was thinking of just replacing them, but its 30 bucks -_- so is there anything i can do for this? like some heavy duty crap that will melt off that rust
just curious, do you have a picture? just wondering if it's the base plate or saddles or what?
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
u dont melt rust, unless ur using something that would burn through your fingers, u scrub it off, so it flakes away, get some steel wool
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
lol i was just saying that i no it wont.... does rust just lie on top or does it eat throw? wont the steel wool scrach it up?
no not really. make sure u dont scratch the finish on the guitar tho, and it depends how bad the rust is, if its rusted through the saddle the whole thing would probably be rust, and u may need to file it afterwards, but if theres rust underneat the rust take it too the tech
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
i dont see anywere that its rusted throw.... so i get sateel wool and scrub it on the chrome part and it wont scrach it? and after that i should be fine?