I'm having trouble practicing my bass playing. I know with guitar there are a lot of backing tracks to jam to, but it seems to me it's harder to find ones to jam to on bass. I can't find anyone that wants to jam out right now which makes it difficult since I can usually come up with really good lines when I'm with people. I'm just wondering what can I do to make playing alone more enjoyable?
a lot of pop songs just have root note basses.
I reckon you could find a few songs with enough space to let you jam over them. Maybe things like Augie March or the Beatles?

Also a bass player that can do 12BB in 12 different ways is a good one. Try experimenting with that, going up and down all around the neck.
Quote by yenkosc
I'm having trouble practicing my bass playing. I know with guitar there are a lot of backing tracks to jam to, but it seems to me it's harder to find ones to jam to on bass. I can't find anyone that wants to jam out right now which makes it difficult since I can usually come up with really good lines when I'm with people. I'm just wondering what can I do to make playing alone more enjoyable?

just play along with regular CDs or MP3s. you dont NEED backing tracks. i hardly ever use them for guitar. you'd think they would clash but actually, i hardly notice the other guitar parts. just do the same with bass. learn the song, and then try to make up your own bass lines and fills to go over the song.
what about band in a box, you can just turn off the bass
it sounds lame cuz its all midi but its excellent practise

or you could record some chords, on a guitar or a keyboard and put some drums under it

another option is to take a tune and take out the bass with a hipassfilter,
but you'll also probably loose the kickdrum and reduce soundquality

last option is to ask me or someone else on here, i got a lot of backing tracks where you can turn off the bass with panning. thats all jazz though