Hey ug,

I'm in the market for an inexpensive bass rig. I didn't budget for any bass purchases(it's not my main instrument), so to cut corners I plan on using the low gain input on my AOR. The cab needs to be preferrably $200 CAD or less. For the naysayers, I know passable, but inexpensive bass cabs are out there. I played a Markbass head through a Yorkville 112 a few months ago that was $180 at Long and Mcquade, but that is long gone by now. There is nothing used in the local markets, so this will have to be available either online or from major retail chain. Location is Western Canada.

Please name some really cheap bass cabs.

Thanks
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Last edited by the boogieman at Oct 18, 2009,
Yorkville is expensive as hell new, but used goes for very little on craigslist or kijiji, at least in Ontario. You won't be able to get acoustic without border hopping, so that's out.

That leaves used as your best bet. I'd check for Yorkville and Kustom cabs, though anything but behringer (that I can think of) will be fine.

edit: just saw the used bit in op. I'd wait. I don't think you'll get anything, especially in CAD. You might get lucky, I don't know ^^
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Oct 18, 2009,
agreed on waiting. you're prolly not gonna find anything that cheap new. keep your eyes open for used gear. maybe you have a bassist friend with an extra cab?
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
watching kijiji seems like the only thing to do right now. the high canadian dollar sucks teh butt

anyone else with suggestions? keep em coming, please
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I Was Wearing Out My Allstar Soles Yomping Round Looking At 25w+ Bass Combo's .. The Best I Could Find Was A Laney Rb2(30w)...but At £170 Ish It Was A Bit More Than My Budget Could Stretch Too At The Time. However On E-bay I Found A Laney Hcm30b Locally.. Same Dials,speaker,inputs , Outputs, Jusi A Different Model No & Case..... £21.
I Wouldn't Buy Mega Expensive Off E-boot , But Laney Make Good Reliable, Sturdy Stuff. This Came From Careful,clean ,knowlegable. And Fitted In With My Green ,recyclable Tightwadded Ethos. :d
TONE DEFFMAN
check e-bay for Laney RB cabs, they are inexpensive and really good quality they retail about £240 over here new in Guitarguitar's store not sure how much that converts into Canadian Dollars.But im sure you will be able to find em used within your budget.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I personally don't like axe music... I find that they don't care too much of other brands.

I use MF until I find something I like, then I look though Canadian online stores. Especially because sometimes local stores will order it in for you