..sell single strings?

Just curious, cause my high E snapped early, and I DON'T want to replace all the strings, again.

Apologies for potential idiocy.

Thanks.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I don't think so.

And it's better to replace them all.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Don't go to the big guitar stores. They'll string you along, and instead of getting what you wanted you'll end up with a 100 Spider III.

Now what was your question again?
Quote by voleurz
buy new strings you cheap wad

I've popped new strings before. It happens.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
you've been playing for nearly 2 years and you dont know?... kinda strange... and yeah delete thread

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by metalh3ad88
instead of getting what you wanted you'll end up with a 100 Spider III.

only if you're a total imbecile
Quote by Bristlehead
only if you're a total imbecile

Apparently you didn't catch the pun that I went out of my way to put in there.
Yes, many do. Most only have high e's in .09's or .10's which I'm fine with, but there's too many guitarists out there that are like "OMG! I ONLY PLAY .11's or 12's CUZ IM LEET."
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Yeah, most stores will sell single strings, but you might as well buy a full set, and then only replace the high E; they don't sell singles much cheaper than full sets.

Not to mention, you're a guitarist; a full set of your strings is like, five dollars. Being a bassist, I pay $25 for a twin pack (two sets).
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Yes, many do. Most only have high e's in .09's or .10's which I'm fine with, but there's too many guitarists out there that are like "OMG! I ONLY PLAY .11's or 12's CUZ IM LEET."

.10s sounds poopy when downtuned to C :[
But yeah most guitar stores should sell single strings pretty cheap, if not, I know musiciansfriend.com and other such websites sell them.
Quote by Jimmer1720

Thanks.

Sigged!
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Quote by Jimmer1720
..sell single strings?

Just curious, cause my high E snapped early, and I DON'T want to replace all the strings, again.

Thanks.

major stores like guitar center = no

mom & pop guitar stores = yes

though i can't guarantee it for you but where i'm from thats the way it goes down.
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
Quote by herby190
Not to mention, you're a guitarist; a full set of your strings is like, five dollars. Being a bassist, I pay $25 for a twin pack (two sets).

i pay $25 Canadian for a set of Ernie Ball Meduim Custom Slinky, but they last a hell fo a long time so its all good.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
i pay $25 Canadian for a set of Ernie Ball Meduim Custom Slinky, but they last a hell fo a long time so its all good.
That's what I've heard about them from any guitarist who's used them. Not to mention that a friend said he could bend the E almost all the way across the fretboard. He never said what tuning he was in, but still, that really shows what they mean by "slinky".
Quote by herby190
Yeah, most stores will sell single strings, but you might as well buy a full set, and then only replace the high E; they don't sell singles much cheaper than full sets.

Yeah, that way you have spare strings for if something else breaks. You can never have too many spare strings.

What kind o strings do you use? I get light D'Addario strings, and mine are $20.
Quote by Alex Vik
Yeah, that way you have spare strings for if something else breaks. You can never have too many spare strings.

What kind o strings do you use? I get light D'Addario strings, and mine are $20.
I use medium gauge D'Addario's; I advise buying them in the twin packs, if they sell your specific kind in twins; they're a great deal compared to single packs. This is what I always order. What gauge are their lights? If anything, I would actually go thicker from where I am, but I have a preference for thicker strings anyways, so I'm not the best judge.
Quote by herby190
I use medium gauge D'Addario's; I advise buying them in the twin packs, if they sell your specific kind in twins; they're a great deal compared to single packs. This is what I always order. What gauge are their lights? If anything, I would actually go thicker from where I am, but I have a preference for thicker strings anyways, so I'm not the best judge.

Ah, I hardly do any online shopping. This is what I get, the lights are .45
Quote by Alex Vik
Ah, I hardly do any online shopping. This is what I get, the lights are .45
Same as mine, just light gauge.

Still, I would sound like shit with those; I prefer pick over fingerstyle, and play up by the neck, so even just from going to drop D, the E will occasionally hit the pick-ups on a fast song.
I sometimes get a few extra E and B strings, not because they break but they get a bit dented from my scalloped frets so I replace them every half the time of a full change. Super slinkys, $5.
Quote by herby190
Same as mine, just light gauge.

Still, I would sound like shit with those; I prefer pick over fingerstyle, and play up by the neck, so even just from going to drop D, the E will occasionally hit the pick-ups on a fast song.

Yeah, I can see why you'd need a heavier gauge. I play by the bridge a lot, so I don't have that problem.