How can I get a smoother gain sound from these amps? IVE PLAYED WITH THEM FOR A WHILE, NOTHING IS WORKING!
Is your speaker properly broken in? This can have a big impact. If you are using v30s these are very mid heavy as are 6l6s in tone so dont assume you need your mids at 10 because UG said so.

I had this problem a lot so i changed to Earcandy, Eminence and now Jensen speakers with smooth mid ranges. I also use a thicker grillcloth which actually makes quite a difference.

One other thing is dont have your guitars tone knob at 10..roll it back.
The recto isn't know for its smooth gain structure to begin with....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Its a british amp, they arnt smooth. As for the dual rec, as someone said earlier, not a smooth gain structure, unless you scooped the mids all the way or something.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
the smoothness im thinking of is senses fail's tone...they used jcm 2000's on still searching, if anyone knows it.
Quote by lucertia.
Is your speaker properly broken in? This can have a big impact. If you are using v30s these are very mid heavy as are 6l6s in tone so dont assume you need your mids at 10 because UG said so.

I had this problem a lot so i changed to Earcandy, Eminence and now Jensen speakers with smooth mid ranges. I also use a thicker grillcloth which actually makes quite a difference.

One other thing is dont have your guitars tone knob at 10..roll it back.
Uhm... You have 6L6's and EL34's mixed up I'm afraid.

And TS: IF you're talking about the lead tones, try using a neck pickup.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Oct 18, 2009,
A couple JJ ECC83S preamp tubes in the first and second positions can help smooth out an amps gain. They work particularly well in Marshall and Peavey amps for that very reason.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
The guy who said 6L6's have lots of mids has no clue what he's talking about.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
The guy who said 6L6's have lots of mids has no clue what he's talking about.

Power tubes don't have that MASSIVE of an influence on your amp's tone. Preamp tubes have a greater impact. Even more influential is the gain structure of the amp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Power tubes don't have that MASSIVE of an influence on your amp's tone. Preamp tubes have a greater impact. Even more influential is the gain structure of the amp.

Obviously. BUT saying that 6L6's have a mid spike is not even close to right.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Obviously. BUT saying that 6L6's have a mid spike is not even close to right.

Actually I was supporting your statement, but I guess the tone of the statement didn't come across in that manner.

Oh yes +1 to the no mid-spike statement.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 19, 2009,
Oh, haha

Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era