I hear them all the time at school, and lots of my friends play a lot of that genre on their guitars, but what i dont understand is where do they hear or get the notice that there playing somewhere? they sometimes mention one of those bands on the radio, but they never play them to spread there popularity. So how do some people find out about these bands???
PLEASE tell me you're not talking about metal. I hate it when people call metal screamo...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
w3rd on th3 s+r33t y0.

Edit: I can also tell by the first 2 posts that this is going to turn into an epic flamefest.
Last edited by Old Vendetta\m/ at Oct 18, 2009,
local venue may play them.
i had never heard of any, then i started hanging out with some people that knew about them, then once you find one you can find bands like them and so on and so forth.
By people hating on them.
I mean honestly no one discoveres bands like TDWP or AA! because they go looking for them, they discover them by someone going 'ololol attack attack sux s0 b4ddd d0oD' and then people end up liking them

EDIT:
Quote by GodofCheesecake
PLEASE tell me you're not talking about metal. I hate it when people call metal screamo...

Yah, screamo is totally different than metalcore and the like.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by GodofCheesecake

hes probably thinkin of like metalcore...
My post still applies in that case.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Shows, other bands, Myspace, Facebook, word of mouth, etc.

And scream-o? Really?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
5 bucks says TS is talking about metal

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Well I have two things that I take into consideration when understanding how this genre spreads:

1. In terms of the radio, often the stations will play lighter songs by these screamo bands. In the past I've heard shitty bands like Emery and Demon Hunter on the radio, just their lighter, non-screaming songs.

2. A lot of these bands are affiliated with Christianity. They spread through the church.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by valennic
5 bucks says TS is talking about metal

probably!!!

TS what bands are you speaking of, an example!
Quote by Ulalume
Well I have two things that I take into consideration when understanding how this genre spreads:

1. In terms of the radio, often the stations will play lighter songs by these screamo bands. In the past I've heard shitty bands like Emery and Demon Hunter on the radio, just their lighter, non-screaming songs.

2. A lot of these bands are affiliated with Christianity. They spread through the church.

wat
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by andrew12398
wat

He's right. Sonshine has a stage specifically dedicated to hardcore metal and screamo music, and it's a 3 day concert.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by andrew12398
wat

Lol exactly what I thought when I read that. That's actually the opposite. It seems Emery is the only band you're associating this with.

on a related note, August Burns Red FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qtk9c6ZGcM
Quote by JackFlash19
Lol exactly what I thought when I read that. That's actually the opposite. It seems Emery is the only band you're associating this with.

See my previous post.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

Quote by Fred1000000
See my previous post.

Just bc it's gotton big in the Christian music scene doesn't mean that's where it originated.

edit......wait, yea, re-read his original post. Yes, alot of them are affiliated with christianity. But most of them are not.
Last edited by JackFlash19 at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by JackFlash19
Just bc it's gotton big in the Christian music scene doesn't mean that's where it originated.

However, I was referring to a post that says a lot of the bands are affiliated with Christianity. Nowhere was it implied that that's where it started.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

Quote by JackFlash19

SHIT.

You win.

Seriously, that was dumb.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

5 bucks says TS is trolling, as he hasn't answered a single question asked of him.
Quote by Ulalume

whats wrong with emery. their new album is awsome too
Everywhere other than the radio. 100 different websites, other people, live shows. The radio isn't the only way to find music.
Quote by crazy8rgood
5 bucks says TS is trolling, as he hasn't answered a single question asked of him.

I'd think if he was a troll, he'd say something a bit more ridiculous.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Everywhere other than the radio. 100 different websites, other people, live shows. The radio isn't the only way to find music.

I'd think if he was a troll, he'd say something a bit more ridiculous.

Maybe he's just a really bad troll.
Ya, I think alot of reason why the screamo christian scene is exploding is bc in past years, heavy screamo music has not been widely accepted in religion. Mainly with the previous age-old false mantra of "rock music is of the devil" (to over-generalize).

The taste for this kind of music has been around a long time. The fact is is that these christian screamo bands still have their religious beliefs in mind and it's filling the void for the religious kids to listen to the screamo music they like. It is a market that is definitely growing by leaps and bounds and it's changing the way traditional churches look at youth programs and services.

As per my parents I've been in the southern baptist scene for nearly my whole life. I do think the whole southern baptist thing is bullshit. Everyone is fake it seems and they do it just to appear holier than the next person. Why is now the reason I don't go to church.
Quote by DrPants PhD
scream-o sounds like folk music

WHAT THE HELL????