How are the tremelo bars on these? What are its limits?

Can someone give me a video that shows me the extent and range of it?

Thanks.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
They're simply for vibrato effects. If you go up or down too far you risk making it go out of tune majorly since there is no locking nut.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
So, then cannot do things like divebomb without seriously going haywire (tuningwise). And you calso can't do pull ups with it?
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
So, then cannot do things like divebomb without seriously going haywire (tuningwise). And you calso can't do pull ups with it?

I think that the Tremonti model has routing behind the trem to allow it to handle dive-bombs.

It's a sick guitar. I want one.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by BurningStarlV
I think that the Tremonti model has routing behind the trem to allow it to handle dive-bombs.

It's a sick guitar. I want one.

Man I would post a pic right now but I would so get the ban hammer.

Anyway ts from what I've read the PRS trems are highly regarded though I don't know if you're talking about those featured on the SE models or the US made models. But ummm they could do a divebomb sort of effect (not as great as doing it on a floyd rose obviously) and the amount you can pull up is also limited compared to a non-recessed floyd rose.
The standard trems are pretty much like any vintage trem range-wise, but believe me when I tell you they're some of the most (if not the most) stable trems I've ever played. The range isn't much better than that of a Strat, but sure it's 10x more stable and comfortable.

And as BurningStarIV said, the Tremonti model is basically the same but with a deeper cavity, so it can go up too.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
PRS is releasing a new model late this year or early next i think. it's an SE model with a floyd trem and EMGs. haven't seen any pictures, but you can find some information on it around the web. if you're willing to wait a little while. you can preorder on a couple sites, though! it's called the PRS SE Torero.

here's a link on elderly instruments: http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/SETOR-GB.htm
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip