So the story goes I sold my Ibanez RG470 with Evolution 3's in the bridge and neck to my local guitar shop, and they gave me 200 bucks for it, I haven't played it in YEARS, it's always going out of tune (stupid Licensed Floyd's), so I decided to just get rid of it, as I was going to buy a new guitar anyways (I've been playing for like 8 years now and settled on one guitar for last year). So I go to the guitar shop and they give me $200CDN credit for it, not bad, that's $200 off whatever guitar I was going to buy. I had a good $3000 to spend and I was expecting to spend alot of it on some high end Ibanez of some sort (I have no guitars with whammy/tremolo's on them, and I wanted one).

Now, I was going to go for a telecaster but was open to anything (of course I'd have to mod it for my whammy). I was in the store for about 2 and a half hours trying almost all their guitars (I made them stay open for an extra half hour lol), it was alot of fun (I don't go there often, but when I do I try all the pedals and guitars and amps, the whole experience is just the best), but then this guitar took my eye, and even though it's cheap, it was better sounding (in my opinion) and feeling than all the tele's I played (I'm not knockin tele's, for all I know this could just be the one good guitar of this model they ever make, who knows, but it was better in clean then all the tele's there, no joke). This thing is phenomenal and the price is hands down a steal, they could sell these for way more and it'd be worth it.

After that trade in this thing only cost me about $160 (that's $360 in total it cost).

Anyways, I've rambled, I apologize, now time for the pictures!

With a box like this, you know it's something AWESOME.

That looks kind of... odd?

That doesn't look like any Squier I've seen! Something is not right!

Danelectro!

Oh yea, takes me back to the 60's!

There it is!

Look at those single coil pups! And that pickguard!
Cont'd...

One of the oddest bridges to be on an electric (it's an acoustic bridge after all!), but this thing still has amazing sustain and tone.

Those retro knobs!

There is that sexy bod!

Full body shot!

The odd thing about this is that I don't think (not 100%, I'm not sure) it's made of wood, I think it's made of plastic, and because of that it is really smooth (and slippery!) so it makes playing sitting down sometimes a bit challenging, but that's not a problem, it doesn't really slip on me alot to be honest, just sometimes.

Now the pedal!

I traded my old RP200a (I cannot stand setting that thing up anymore, it's too much of a pain in the arse to use!) for $75CDN store credit towards my new...

BOSS ME-50!

Group shot while I'm at it!
Nice guitar. I want a Dano. Happy NGD
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
NICE. Clapstack for you.

Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Are the strings resting on the pickups or is that just the angle of the picture?
Keeping it real since '92
Think he meant $300
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Can I haz the other 2700 dollars?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Can I haz the other 2700 dollars?

He has 2840 left.

$3000 - $160 =P

HNGD! Looks totally weird, I like it.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by RR787
He has 2840 left.

$3000 - $160 =P

HNGD! Looks totally weird, I like it.

That was part of the joke I guess you didn't get it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
That was part of the joke I guess you didn't get it.

I just wanted to show off my leet math skills! =/
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Go out and spend the rest of your money on an awesome guitar and amp. but still HNGD.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I tried a couple of those things once. I picked up the second one because I thought the first one had been built by a drunken multiple-amputee who was new to his prosthetics. The second one nullified that idea...

But, if you like it, HNGD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Is this a walmart guitar ....

HNGD anyways
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Retro Jazzmaster
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
dude, the ME-50 is great.
My fave is the natural overdive, so warm and bluesy.
I love white guitars!
Quote by Da_Boss
.So the story goes I sold my Ibanez RG470 with Evolution 3's in the bridge and neck to my local guitar shop, and they gave me 200 bucks for it, I haven't played it in YEARS, it's always going out of tune (stupid Licensed Floyd's)

didn`t know dimarzio made them, don`t think larry dimarzio knows he makes them and the bridge would of been a edge series not lfr
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 21, 2009,
Wow, shiny.

HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Happy NG/PD! hows the distortion on that multi fx pedal?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
That Dano is seriously cool looking. I think that Dano's have great tone, but you do sometimes have to be lucky as to getting one that plays well.

Anyways, that guitar looks cool as hell and a bit different from most, which is a nice thing these days. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for one myself.

P.s. when I saw the Squier box I thought you'd bought a Duo Sonic, for some reason...not far off really.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I played the '69 at my local GC, and liked it, but not my style.

NOW, the me-50 however, is the best built multi-effects processor EVAR!!!! Absolutley best blues od ever!!!!

HNGD!!!!
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?