well...

vox ac30 CC2 blues € 1,545.00

vox ac30 CC1 neodog € 915.00

vox ac30 CC2 stock vox speaker € 999.00

im selling my marshall DSL 401 to get a Vox AC30.... i've only played the VOX ac30 CC1 neo dog, and damn that was good!!! my doubt is, that xmaz is not really far away, and i want to know your opinion, should i save for the big CC2 with blues?

so, i play everything exept metal :P (but i really dig the ledzep). the amp has to be a got amp to play at home, to play at the studio and to play at the small gig... i dont really know wich one to choose, since my local store only has the cc1, but damn i want a vox, and i want the real deal...is the CC2 with the blues 600€ nicer than the CC2? and the CC2 stock, is it 80€ nicer then the CC1 :x?

cheers
You should be able to get a good sound out of either for anything that's not high gain (though they can certainly do metal if you ever wanted to try for it), I personally wouldn't save up, could use the extra budget for pedals or upgrades for your guitar. Or you know, food, food is good too.
i like food, food is good, but i have the guitar that i wanted (the gibbie pauly) and i dont really like pedals that much (just a wha and a OD)

my mind says go for the blue, my pocket says go for the CC1
Like I said, it's down to what you like better, I just wouldn't pay 600 bucks for a slightly better blues lead (given blues tones are so subjective anyway, absolute crap tube amps could give you a "great vintage blues sound")
I say get a crate V33H instead.

$150 head.
33 Watts.

Flawless clean.
Decent overdrive until you turn up the gain.

Just like an AC.

But I prefer the Crate V33H to the VOX ACs, but that's just me. May be worth checking out before you jump on the Vox bandwagon just because UG says VOX AC30's are the best. You could end up saving close to $1,000.
Quote by Plexi81
Like I said, it's down to what you like better, I just wouldn't pay 600 bucks for a slightly better blues lead (given blues tones are so subjective anyway, absolute crap tube amps could give you a "great vintage blues sound")

Ok, I don't think you know what the "Blue" means there. It's called blue because of the speaker, wich is an Alnico Blue, and purists will tell you that a vox AC30 is not a Vox AC30 an Alnico Blue
Excellent, then it's not worth the buy at all really, assuming TS is into original stuff.
Quote by Crydius
I say get a crate V33H instead.

$150 head.
33 Watts.

Flawless clean.
Decent overdrive until you turn up the gain.

Just like an AC.

But I prefer the Crate V33H to the VOX ACs, but that's just me. May be worth checking out before you jump on the Vox bandwagon just because UG says VOX AC30's are the best. You could end up saving close to $1,000.

Especially if you mod it, then the gain channel sounds amazing.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
you might want to play it again extensively before you buy it TS. the first time i played one i thought it was awsome, the next time i played it properly because i was looking to buy one i had a huge let down. it could have been the guitar i was playing but i doubt it because it wa a $4000AUD SG. you need to push it really hard and extremely loud before it starts to break up nicely so i don't think it is great for bedroom use and the cleans for me didn't come close to my mates twin reverb.

That same day i played an orange rockverb 50 and it blew me away. cleans weren't brilliant but the drive channel on that thing beats anything i have ever heard.

PS i was playing the cc2x ie the blue. i perosnally think there are better amps out there then the vox but if you like it go for it. the blues made a massive difference to my ears but its all subjective.