Page 1 of 2
Who in your opinion is the most influential guitar player ever (i.e. guitar player who has influenced the most guitarists and their sound and been most innovative and original).

I would have to say EVH.
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Jimi.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
me, obviously. My music is the most influential music ever. all other guitarists are just copying me, they just did it before I did to throw people off
Jimric Henclapage.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
inb4 dumb youtube videos.

EDIT: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Last edited by yoduh4077 at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by lucertia.
Who in your opinion is the most influential guitar player ever (i.e. guitar player who has influenced the most guitarists and their sound and been most innovative and original).

I would have to say EVH.

I would have to say you're 12
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Mumbo Jumbo
Les Paul

Influential guitar and recording innovation, not as a guitar player.
Steven Seagal.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'd say Buckethead, with all sincerity.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Charlie Parker

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Charlie Parker

I would call him influentual, but not as a guitar player.
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Quote by lucertia.

I would have to say EVH.

LOL your kidding right?
In this day and age, it would have to be people like Buckethead, Vai, Satriani, Paul Gilbert etc.

back in the day and still today, it would have to be people like Hendrix, Page, etc.
I must agree on that one... while I was waiting for this thread to load I was thinking of both of them and couldn't decide who to put on here. Then I saw the other reply and thought yeah. It's a tie between Page and Hendrix. They really brought rock guitar into a new realm. And pushed the limits and went into the beyond. If I had to pick a personal favorite... I would say Page. I personally think Zepp is the most kick ass rock band ever. Still. They are pretty much untouchable. They define kick-ass rock n'roll...
John Mclaughlin =]
FIGHT CLUB QUOTE OF THE WEEK: On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Quote by liamdude555
LOL your kidding right?

name a guitarist whos style who brought as many new guitar techniques to the mainstream...tapping, pinch harmonics, tapped harmonics, dive bombs, tremelo picking etc.
Most old blues guitarists tbh. I don't think its fair to single out one because they all brought so much. Robert Johnson gets all the press but he learnt a lot of songs like preachin blues from Son House and 'hellhound on my trail' borrows almost all the main riff from Skip James.

People like big joe williams are important too for some percussive guitar stuff and then you got the greats like John Lee Hooker (go listen to him for abit, it's pretty obvious hendrix payed attention to some of johns guitaring) and then of course Muddy Waters...

'if i've seen further than other men, it's only because i've stood on the shoulders of giants'
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Oct 18, 2009,
Quote by Zep_shizzle
robert johnson

This man.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Page 1 of 2